Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy two 3.6v PRAM batteries. The one I have in front of me is a SAFT LS14250. I need an equivilant replacement.

Anyone know a good Canadian source on the 'net?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Last time I got mine at Radio Shack for approx. $16.00.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Camera shops will likely charge crazy prices and Radio Shack looked at the dead battery I brought them like it had returned from Mars.

Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I've purchased them at Radio Shack before too. They are are a purlply-pink colour with green trim made by Tadiran. It should be easy to spot on the rack.
Not all the stores carry it but the larger ones usually do.

You could also try some of the Mac dealers in London like Mostly Mac or Mac Outpost. You'll be lucky to find anyone selling these for less than $18 to $25. If you want it cheap you will have to search the mail order route. That doesn't help when you're in a hurry.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've used eBay for a supply of these. They are almost always available, good quality and reasonable cost if you shop carefully. Buy a few and share them with your friends.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Camera shops will likely charge crazy prices
maybe you could call one and find out?
i have bought a few from Blacks and they were $20 each
is that crazy?

apple dealers used to charge $50
i assume that would qualify as crazy

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone who replied. After the notes that some had found the batteries at Radio Shack, I did some looking on the Radio Shack website.

Indeed - Radio Shack sells them for $16.99.

I used the website to lookup what London stores had the battery in stock. Guess what? The store that looked at my dead battery like it was from Mars has two of them on their shelf.

I admit now that it was foolish of me to bring a sample of what I wanted into a Radio Shack store, put it into the hand of a Radio Shack employee and hope that I would walk out with a new one. What on Mars was I thinking?

I was happy to discover that the Radio Shack website offers free shipping.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
It's a standard format industrial battery; any electronics supply store will have them, typically Panasonic Industrial or Duracell.

Radio Shack is fine and usually convenient as well, although they almost always charge double or more what standard industrial suppliers will in lots of 1 to 10.

DigiKey lists 3.6v 1/2 AA Lithium batteries for around $C 6.00 (the kind you need).

Your industrial/consumer cross reference numbers for this battery are:
adiran: TL5101, TL5101/S, TL5111/S, TL5112, TL5112/S, TL5151
Tekcell: SB-AA02 (NOT a recommended brand)
SAFT: LSL3 and LS3
ANSI 1/2 R6
Electrocheml: 3B26TC, 3B33TC, 3B955TC
Jbrol: 2904S
Maxell: ER3S
Jbrol: 2904S
Varta: 6127, CR 1/2 AA
RadioShack: T04

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
That's a handy cross reference list gordguide.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts