Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I was hoping to hear some speculation as to when the next iPod release will be. I ordered a 10G iPod from mymacdealer in Calgary after Christmas and when a month had gone by and the store still couldn't get any in, the salesman suggested that there might be a tweak in the works. So I started getting excited for a price cut and maybe a built-in FM transmitter,... other rumors. However, my iPod arrived yesterday and now I'm wondering if I should cancel and wait another month (or two) for an upgrade or just give in to tiny shiny mp3 desire.

ps. The salespeople at mymacdealer have been really friendly.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think we can expect a bigger hard drive iPod (up to 40 GB) but anything else would be total speculation. From what I can see, Apple wants to just coast through these difficult tech market times. A price reduction seems logical.

Cheers.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
One thing to check is whether your new 10 gig is revised, even at the motherboard level. There is a way to get at debug information that reveals component information but I've forgotten the key press sequence. Also, is there any indication that the battery is replaceable? Sandy McMurray, in his review, seemed to think it was. If so, this is a new development. Apple tends to add functionality to te iPod via software patches. Apart from increasing HD size and decreasing prices, there's not much incentive for change. There are also rumours that recording capability will be added through a software patch and release of a firewire capable microphone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts