Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
maybe thier hitting all the coffee and donut shops and this count as fedex ramps! holy cow I have never seen so many stops in one city!! winnipeg eh? remind me to not ship through there! nothing against Winnipeg! but fedex! hope you get your ipod soon! Mark

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had my 17" PB spend yesterday in Winnipeg. I imagine it was sight seeing or something.

Based on the times, your iPod and my PB arrived in Winnipeg the same time, toured around together, perhaps stopped for coffee, then went back to the airport for a late flight.

My PB is snug and warm in it's new home, and I'm sure your iPod will be soon!

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Looks like it cleared customs in Winnipeg and is now in Vancouver. I would expect you'll have it tomorrow if you don't have it already.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoohoo! I finally got my ipod today. How freakin cool is this thing. I love the clam shell design of the box, very slick. I have only seen a few first gen ipods before and they were all locked in cases. So I was blown away when I saw how small this thing is. I was doing some Christmas shopping today and couldn't help chuckle at all the people I saw clutching their huge cd players.

I purchased the 20GB unit and as soon as I placed it in the cradle itunes opened and asked me if I wanted to transfer my music. Less than 9 minutes later I had all my 1500+ mp3's sitting on my ipod, yay firewire!

So far I am loving this unit but I am not too crazy about the remote. I prefer my LCD remote from my Sony MD player. I wonder if Apple did not include an LCD remote due to battery life concerns. Also I prefer the drop-around-your-neck style of headphone wires that are common on Sony products.

I wish the playlists on the ipod were smart playlists like in itunes. Is it possible to create more than one on the go playlist?

In itunes I have all my songs rated so that within a certain genre the songs I like are played first, however on the ipod it plays all the songs within that genre. It is possible to tell the ipod to play certain songs within a playlist? Sort of like un-checking certain songs in itunes.

So far I am super impressed with the ipod and wish I got one sooner. It's funny to read some of the ipod forums and see PC users raving about how cool this Apple product is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts