ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
MacNutt GONE! I’ll try to miss him...really! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
As convenient as it may seem, I know for a fact that his bottled water is very popular and that this would be the prime time of year for it, so he may well be as busy as he says.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I wonder how Nutt would repond to this position from Political Compass

"It's a sad reflection on our society that something as basic as drinking water is now a bottled, branded consumer product."

Strongly disagree
Disagree
Agree
Strongly Agree

?

:D

iG/<

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
He was also gone for more than a few days at a time more than a few times.

Certainly, I'd like to see him explain where he was reading all those polls that showed the Liberals heading for doom, where he was hearing that the Conservatives were headed for the big win from, but I'm willing to wait until he's available to hear it.

Now, if he's gone for more than a month or so I may start to get suspicious.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I called a Liberal minority (quick - I should become an internet psychic!). Now I'm here to gloat a little bit. Bask in the easily predictable glory of my earlier post to MacNutt.

MacNutt are you still around? Perhaps you're working hard ... or spending more time at the site which-cannot-be-named.

·
Premium Member
30,834 Posts
No he left in a huff much earlier. Lucky him a double dose of crow would have him spitting feathers for a year or so. ;) :cool:

·
Canadian By Choice
116,631 Posts
Macnutt is alive and well at Little Debbie's Den o' Doxies and Dragracing Emporium. He sends us all his well wishes........................and might even sell his yacht to buy a pedigreed dachshund. Now, THAT'S class!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
It's race season, I seem to remember him mentioning racing.

Yes, he is a photographer/videographer for a dirt bike drag race team. I've got one or two of his videos around here, they're nifty if you like racing.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
MacNutt sent us ( the Mayor and I) a video of his racing.

uhm..... he is nuts and it is racing season.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Don't worry...I'm still here.

It's just a seriously busy time for me right now. The same as it was last year at this time. If there were two of me...I would STILL be super busy, right now! :eek:

I have an older family member as a partner in this bottled water business. We are currently in negotiations to allow this aged elder to officially retire from the day to day management of my bottled water company. And spend their sunset days working in the garden that they love so much. But this family member is not willing to give up easily...and go quietly into that good night. At least not at this point in time.

It's a dicey moment...to say the least. The family negotiations go on. (Note: This a family of Highland Scots. This is SCARY stuff!)

I'll let you all know how it goes. In a week or three when it all settles down and a clear winner is declared.

Until then, I won't have much time for this forum.

Just the way it is.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Ach, Macnutt, ye shid dae wha yur storied ancestors did in such situations - stick a fried Mars bar up their bum and cast em off on a passing ice floe. Tis a tried and tested retirement plan, laddie. Never fails. Have yae no heard of the "Scottish Widows" Insurance Company?

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
The torch has been passed. The younger generation hath prevailed...and I didn't have to stick a deep fried mars bar up anyones tender bits. They went quietly into retirement. ;)

Now my workload has quadrupled and I am faced with the daunting task of unraveling a rather tangled web of bookwork and antiquated accounting whilst trying to keep up with bottled water sales that have gone ballistic because of our protracted heat wave. We haven't seen a cloudy day here for weeks. Bright blue skies and 25-35C temps every single day since sometime in may have left this island paradise knee-deep in tourists and the whole darned place smells of suntan oil.

If past years are any indication, the summer won't really end until late september and the touroids won't vacate until sometime in october.

I may be "otherwise occupied" until that time. But, after the mayhem is over, I'll be back...

Trust me on this.

·
Premium Member
30,834 Posts
LOCAL WARMING: CHANGES FROM COAST TO COAST

Pacific Ocean

Water temperatures off the B.C. coast have risen substantially in the past 100 years.

Mackenzie River

Salmon have begun to appear.

Mackenzie Basin

Average temperatures have increased two degrees over the past 50 years.

Mackenzie Delta

Received its first-ever tornado warning in 2001.

Western Arctic

The area covered by permanent sea ice has fallen 25 per cent since 1969.

Rocky Mountains

The 1,300 glaciers on the eastern slopes are 25 to 75 per cent smaller than in 1850.

Banks Island

There have been sightings of robins, a bird so are in the Arctic that it has no name in the local Inuvialuit dialect.

Central British Columbia

The growing season is 50 days longer than it was 100 years ago.
:eek:

and MacNutt is selling more water cuz it's so hot so long on the shaky coast..

Nah no global warming...................
:cool:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts