·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where and why?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I download software from the World Wide Web as VersionTracker and MacUpdate don't host files.
(Ok, I'm sorry I couldn't resist.)

Though I do use both (whichever bookmark I click on) in order to find the latest new software but usually go to the developer's web sites to read more or download.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I think I know what you're trying to ask in this poll, but the question is rather broad. People download from a lot of places (including Apple's Software Update).

You meant to ask what is the *preferred* source to download software/shareware/freeware, right?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You meant to ask what is the *preferred* source to download software/shareware/freeware, right?
That is correct. Ok, so I wasn't specific, sorry. ;) And Software Update, etc, would be under "Other..." Just curious to see how many use the two major file database sites.

I download software from the World Wide Web as VersionTracker and MacUpdate don't host files. (Ok, I'm sorry I couldn't resist.)
Haha, ok - "Where do you find downloads at, or where do you look for updates/shareware/etc" ;)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Version Tracker is a great search engine if you do not now all the particulars of a given software app.

I prefer to download from the manufacturer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts