Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I buy all of my games either at FutureShop or EB Games. Of course, I do most (if not all) of my gaming on the PC so I doubt my answer is that useful....

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops yeah. I should have been more specific. Where do you buy your *mac* games ;)

I especially like hybrid PC discs such as those from Blizzard. I can pay PC pricing, but get mac gaming goodness :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
I tend to get my games at Limewire... er, I mean. ;)

Just kidding. I don't buy that many but when I do, I get mine at either CompuCentre or B.Mac... Sometimes Staples (usually the Sierra Hoyle Games has a game or two that are Win/Mac compatable).

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I buy most of mine used via ehMac or ott.forsale.computing. On rare occasions I buy new stuff at BMac in Ottawa.

·
Premium Member
30,934 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,649 Posts
Macdoc, I would find independent reviews of video cards useful/interesting. It is hard to sift through the ATI/nVidia rehetoric on their web sites.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The big problem with Mac Games is the long time period between PC Release and Mac Port Release...

While there are good resons behind this, the result is that most Ports become "Johnny-Come -lately" and the thrill and popularity of a title is gone...

Apple, with Power-PC's promised same time release in co-operation from many game manufacturers... but this has never been delivered...

Blizzard is the only game manufacturere creating cross platform games [and they should be supported for that...}

The rest are just licencing their games to make a few extra bucks after the fact... expecting $80.00, 3 years after the game debut, while the PC version is in the bargin bin... for $12.00

Mac First games are few and far between... they too should be supported...

Most of the games that remain on my Mac are shareware... written by independents and small companies who enjoy what they do.... and generally make better games than the big boys... I give them money they ask...

As for Commercial packages, check the developers web site a few months after release... they sell direct and lower the price as demand slips... retailers still try to recoup full price... {I don't blame them, but...}

·
Registered
719 Posts
I buy my games usually from Future Shop, usually Blizzard since FS does not seem to stock Mac only software.

Next on my list is Carbon Computing. They have a games section now, which is nice.

I've bought via mail order a number of times, but only if Carbon is asking an arm and a leg for a title.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Games? What games? Most games I've gotten have been shareware, so I just registered them. No going to a retailer to purchase.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In the Vancouver area of the Lower Mainland the best stop for Mac games is MacStation with 3 locations. Sometimes their prices seem high but they have a good selection, many times the number of Mac games than Future Shop and other Mac retailers. They also do online ordering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts