Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of Logitech® MOMO® Racing wheels around, even Costco has them, but I can't find one for sale that supports the Mac.

According to the Logitech website, there are four Mac supported models, three of which are fine for me:

Logitech® Formula™ Force GP: lowest force feedback model

Logitech® MOMO® Racing: newest, seemingly a good compromise

Logitech® MOMO® Force: most expensive, with leather covered wheel

I stopped by CPUsed on the weekend because they were bragging about a new emphasis on games, but they don't carry any wheels at all! They all work with PCs, so maybe I'll have to head down to College St.

What is an F1 fan to do?
I go karting when I can, and have seen the NASCAR & F1 games. Anything else good out there?
Is there any game where I can race in the same game/track with another networked Mac driver?.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The logitech people are full of it. Any USB steering wheel from logitech will work with full support for force feedback in compatible games. (after 10.2.3)

So you can safely pick up any wheel COSTCO, EBgames or any other store sells. I actually use the GT3 Sony wheel which was a limited release by logitech when the game Gran Turismo 3 came out. It is fully supported including force feedback in Nascar 2003, and F1 championship.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even better! Thank you.

It is nice to see hardware reality traipse along a logical path for a little bit.

I guess I'll start with F1 championship.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts