Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an order for a 10 gig iPod with the Applestore since February 17th, with a revised ship on or before date of March 18th. The wait would wothwhile if it were accompanied by a new revision but alas, no announcement and no iPod shipped either. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes. Apple will probably introduce their online music service, AAC support for iPod and the line will be likely 10, 20 and 40GB versions. There's been tons of speculation going around. Expect battery life to be almost doubled and the 10GB and 20GB models should be cheaper than they are currently, to reflect the lowered prices of other SIMILAR HD based MP3 players. I'm prayin' for OLED displays too!

I hope Apple doesn't cower because of potential Dubya Dubya 3. Probably won't, as Apple's innovated through the worst of times in the tech world.

Just some speculations.

Good luck with your iPod.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'm expecting the ipod and the 17" PB in the same shipment. Because I'm using the ADC program the order has to be released all at once. I had no idea there was even a WAIT on ipods?!? Wouldn't it be SO ironic if my ipod holds up my powerbook?!! :( :rolleyes:

funny though. I just added one to my cart on the apple.ca website and it said 7-10 days?!

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I've been waiting to buy one since the beginning of the year, the rumours seem to always say the iPods are coming "next week"...

The one feature that I want (but have very little hope of seeing) is a user replaceable battery. The thing that would drive me crazy about the iPod is being on a walk five miles from home and having the battery die!

I guess the solution is to always keep the iPod charged, but I'm a little "Old School" by always using a rechargable battery fully. It seems to always maximize the battery life...

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by old dawg:
I just got an e-mail from Apple. My new ship date is April 1! Significant?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed! Apple will turn 27 on that day. Congrats ;)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
old dawg wrote:
I just got an e-mail from Apple. My new ship date is April 1! Significant?

"So, I'm calling for my iPod, it was supposed to ship today".

"Oh yes we *snicker* just sent it out the door *giggle*".

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Yeah, I've been waiting for new ipods too.

We've become so used to Apple updating their hardware every 6 months that I expected them soon, but who's to say the ipods need to be updated every 6 months. There is definitely alot of rumors on the net about an update to the ipods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts