Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

When will Pamela's alPB arrive?

• Friday, April 25, 2003

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometime in May (warning: she won't like to hear that)

• Sometime after Apple crushes Microsoft like a motel cockroach underfoot

• Hunh? Who's Pamlea?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regular visitors to ehMac are likely familiar with the sad tale of one of our members, Pamela, who has been waiting patiently for her swanky new alPB to arrive from Apple. Not long...just four months or so. I thought we could cheer her on with a poll where people could post their guesses about when they they think her new PowerBook will arrive.

[ April 24, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: PGant ]

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
thanks for the little contest Patrick ;) lol

Let's see how much faith people have in apple...

·
Registered
74 Posts
The online Apple store still says 2-3 weeks for shipping... :rolleyes:

I was thinking of ordering one, but I'll stick with my 15" TiBook decision instead... only a 2 day waiting period on that.

Good luck Pam... happy wait!

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I almost voted "Hunh, who's Pamlea", as you mispelled Pamela's name... but then I took one of the other options...

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm...just had a look at the results so far. Not good...not good. A quarter of respondents (okay, two) are predicting a May delivery.

BTW Sorry about the typo Pamela...could I convince anyone that "Pamlea" is the...uhhh...Celtic spelling? Would you believe Afrikaans? How about Gantoisie?

Sigh...since the poll can't edited, I guess I'll have to wear the stone of shame and ashen cloth...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was just going to ask about this too. Wow, Pamela you have lots of patience.... I'd be livid or crying... or a little a both, than more one than the other... than I'd probably start drinking... and then well I guess women's clothing....... Man this is depressing. I'm happy I got my new baby within a week.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I got a Flyer thru the email that said Discount Mac in Vancouver had it in Stock. At least you could look at it. I emailed for confirmation and ......................................... :D yes they do, but for how long??????.............. :D :D Phone Number Tel: 604-821-1228 Fax: 604-821-0813 Toll Free Number: 1-866-821-1228

·
Canadian By Choice
117,393 Posts
Pamela, remember your Zen training -- be patient as a blue wind chime.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm..."Sometime in May" seems to have a commanding lead so far...sorry Pamela! Guess you'll be following Dr. G's advice for a little while still

On the bright side, at least everyone knows who you are (that is to say, you and your doppelganger, "Pamlea")

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
you guys are kinda cruel eh?!

weeeelllll....sorry to cut your fun short....but guess what?!!??!

IT ARRIVED IN BLAINE AND IS READY TO BE PICKED UP!!!! My hubby will pick it up after he's done work which is about 3pm ish...he'll get to mailboxes plus at about 3:30pm ish....he'll get home at about 4:30 or 5 ish...and it will be on my desk at 5:05!!!!!!
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I've ever had to have that much patience for something in my ENTIRE life so far. Un-freaking-believable. *phew* I'm exhausted. LOL!

But it's not here yet so I am taking everything I said and knocking on wood

p.s. no hard feelings on the misspelling Pantrick

·
Registered
2,255 Posts

LOL!!!!

I'm sorry...I couldn't resist!!! LOL!!!

(I have a feeling people won't find it as funny as me...but I sure have a reason to be a happy camper now :D )

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
hey ehmax
what's the dealio with only being able to use a max of 8 emoticons in a message?! Some of us have a LOT of emotions we have to fit in!!

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Pantrick"...LOL...sounds like a name pulled from the Hindu generator (http://dipnames.tripod.com).

Glad to hear that your PB is on its way. Let us know if/when you receive it so we can all pay homage to it with frankincense...gold...and hoffingfeffer (if you don't know what that last one is, you need to watch more Bugs Bunny).

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
LOL! Bugs is the best. I love all of those old cartoons. You can still catch them on the cartoon network. That and a little bowl of chips and a little glass of coke and i'm back in my childhood

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Man... I would be sitting outside of Jobs' place until I got mine. :mad: ESP after finally seeing one today!! OMG. :eek:

I have to say that it's a slammin unit - w/o a doubt. I was very leary at 1st. I thought that I was gonna see this unit that looked like the Toronto Star- unfolded. But it's so not. It's a hot unit. The Al finish is really nice - the hinge on it is so sturdy! And the screen? Whoa... Really. This unit sounds like it may be worth the $$. Like nothing out there right now. Nothing.

Pam - I'm with you.

H!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I just can't tell you how excited I am to start messing around with it. Switching platforms is a pretty big deal and not for the faint at heart, I don't care what anybody says. I've been working on a pc for a while now doing a lot more than just word processing I'll tell you that much. So I'm going to have to get used to A LOT of little changes. I'm looking forward to it though...a change of scenery, you know? I can't wait to find little tricks and tips to make my work that much more productive. And my setup will be so great for school in the fall...a nice portable scanner and my wireless airport will do wonders in the library so I don't have to sign out book, lug them around and forget to return them, I can just scan on the spot. My work suffered quite a bit this year having to work on my computer at home...architecture school is about being in the studio interacting with everyone, but this major change in technology in the field of architecture and it's schools is definitely at a transition point and people are scrambling to catch up and settle in again. Unfortunately they just don't understand that at the school.

Anyway enough blabbering...I'm looking forward to the tricks and tips you guys have for me. I've got a copy of jaguar's killer tips coming to me tonight that should help out as well as the missing manual. Give me a week and we'll see where I'm at

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
No sign of mine yet :(

Just be darn careful with the 17" screen cos Apple ain't replacing them on their own dollar.

Note to Mayor, please reduce emoticon limit to two. There's too much touchy feelie going on already [insert prude emoticon]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts