Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's 2 things that I would like to see:

1. New version of Appleworks Would like to see a new Cocoa version. Uses Mac OS X's built in font panel, takes full advantage and integrates with iPhoto, Address Book for labels, iCal for creating cool looking calendars, Keynote, consumer page-layout, consumer web page creating, beautiful custom templates ala iDVD etc...

2. iTunes Music Store for Canada
'Nuff said! :D

I'm predicting both will happen! :cool:

What's your Macworld predictions? Closest prediction gets a prize!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Oh Boy! A contest.

1) I am going with G5 Powerbooks. With the iBook now a G5, there has to be a big(ger) brother.

(If I guess twice, do I win twice?)

2) iPod.. Something... Heard the rumours of a 5gig reintroduction, that would be cool... But how about a colour (Canadian spelling) screen? It's about time.

I'm going to send you $5

ADDED LATER> D'oh... What did I tell myself about late night posts?!? Should read "With the iBook now a G4..." Origional content left so EhMac's post is still funny.

[ December 09, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: thewitt ]

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the iBook now a G5

Hey, sign me up for one of those babies!

Hey, thanks for the $5!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I predict a new word processor to compete with MS Word. I think that Keynote was the start of a beautiful snowball in which Apple will squeeze MS out of the Apple world. Once the office suite is complete Apple will name it "Corporate Office".

I also predict updates to iLife, hopefully free to those who purchased iLife 1.0

And lastly, I predict that Apple will introduce new accessories and firmware for the iPod. The accessories will be a digital camera and line-in adapter and the firmware will improve battery life, include additional games, and introduce portable cross-fadeing!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
My predictions:

1. ehMax will have a great time at MWSF!

2. ehMax will have a great time at MWSF!

I sent along a small donation to help the cause.

And hey eh, have a cold one on me!

Cheers

:D

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
My predictions:

- iLife 2 with a revised and much improved iPhoto, and a slightly improved iMovie, iDVD, and iTunes. Maybe even an extra "mystery audio app" to add to the "mix". ;) It seems only logical that Apple would look into making an iLogic consumer-level application to mix music.

- Appleworks update.

- Powerbooks updated

- eMac line updated

- iTablet ;)

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
At least one new App to compete with Office. Either a Word processor or a Spreadsheet app.

iTunes Music Store for Canada is a good possibility.

Finally:

G5 Xserve and Xserve RAID. Maybe not a 1U but they will perhaps have to increase their size to a 2U rack mountable server to accomodate for the size of the G5's cooling system.

Oh. I forgot to mention that Steve will be wearing Jeans and a Black Mock Turtle Neck. :D

[ December 09, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: MaxPower ]

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
my predictions:

1) 3D holographics cinema displays, 50"

2) iGoggles, for virtual reality internet surfing

3) 2.4 Dual G5

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Announcement of new iLife suite.

Promise of new G5s coming soon (February announcement?), possible Powerbook update, Cube?

It is after all the 20th Anniversary of the Mac so who knows what is coming. Although I wish I could wait till after the Expo to get a new computer.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,529 Posts
A headless iMac, sort of a combo dome and cube -- the iDodecahedron, or iDoc for short.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I predict:

1. iMac updates
2. iLife updates (iMovie 3.5, at least)
3. New word processor, called "Document" announced
4. PowerMac Dual 2.4, 2.6 announced
5. iTunes for Japan

no tablet, no 5GB iPod, no new display, no new PowerBooks, no new iBooks.

-Phil

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am going to go with new displays. The recent ones are getting kind of dated and now with the new 20 inch iMac that costs a little more that a 20 inch display (and you get a pretty skookem computer as well) they'll have to either make the old displays more affordable or come up with something new.

·
Registered
762 Posts
1. New Scroll mouse
2. Colour changing iMacs/eMacs (LEDs)
3. Maybe a G5 iMac and PowerBook

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
I'll say a G5 update, starting with the elimination of the 1.6... to Dual 1.8, dual 2.0, dual 2.x

iLife apps need updating...badly, iMovie especially.

a Rev. eMac

Some extras and new features for .Mac and iTunes Music Store.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Maybe we need another thing-a-ma-bob to connect to our computers.

We have the iPod and iSight and ....

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
"New" iMac with a G5 chip at a clock speed around 1.33 or 1.6.

PowerMacs will all be Dualies starting at 2.0

New Apple display, I see a 26-30" cinema display

New Xserves / Clusters with XGrid support

New XRaid with SATA drives

Hummm.. anything else... a video iPod?

We shall see...

Cheers,

RtC

P.S. I don't think there would be a dual G4 Powerbook, I predict a low end 1 or 1.25 G5 chip in those machines with some sort of new cooling mechanism.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts