Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"his previous transacions are all small,"

Yeah, I just noticed that after posting here.

"and the pre approved bidder thing is a tip off also."

How's that a tip off?

-sb

·
Premium Member
30,886 Posts
SCAM :rolleyes: TANSTAAFL don't cha know. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
yeah thats a crock...totallay a fake auction..I hate promo pictures especially bad... yes we know what G5's etc look like...but we want to see the ONE you are actually selling...real pictures always make me feel better about the auction...or at least see an email of the item....I stopped using ebay..too much crap lately..not worth the effort anymore..cheers Mark

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Even if he was an honest trader I wouldn't do it. I just had a transaction with an honest trader that left a sour taste in my mouth. Not the seller, but customs.

Yes they ripped open my goods for who knows what reason. They were toys with windows in the boxes so you could clearly see the item.

Stick to within Canada!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes they ripped open my goods for who knows what reason. They were toys with windows in the boxes so you could clearly see the item.
Its a common occurance to make sure items are exactly what they say they are. I havn't been hit yet... luckily, and they were all really big ticket items so im even more lucky. Customs tend to over assess to be safe if they decide to open your package.

Or well they could have just wanted to play with the toys while on lunch ;) :D

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
yep, you email them to get on "the list" and then suddenly the auction disappears, but they email telling you that another bidder backed out but that you can buy it now privately for a low price... ebay really ought to do something about all of these hijackers...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Cashiers cheque or money order only. SCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAM

·
Registered
535 Posts
Not to be cynical but do you really think someone with a brand new G5 with lcd would be selling at so low a price? Honestly. SCAM If you can't resist, consider yourself warned. As others have posted earlier do not go by feedback. Easily hijacked from any ebay seller and used as ones own and pre-approved bidders is so transparent. STAY AWAY or how about you give me your hard earned money and I'll send you nothing?

Oh by the way, did I say STAY AWAY?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Not to be cynical but do you really think someone with a brand new G5 with lcd would be selling at so low a price?"

I figured they were hot.

-sb

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I figured they were hot.
funny thing is if they were hot the price would be close to what they are worth - crooks selling stolen goods want to get as much as possible for their hot items unlike the pennies on the dollar the get from their fence or pawnshop - "eBay the new fence"

when the price seems to good to be true the item doesn't exist - the crook is only after the money - robbery without the risk of jail - a stickup without the gun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts