Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phew... after a marathon computer session, the upgrade to ehMac is done! As all the new features won't be evident at first glance, I'll post some of the highlights. I'm sure I won't get them all and I keep finding neat little features as well.

1. For one, ehMac is now officially ehMac.ca! (To more accurately reflect our Canadian pride. ehMac.com should still work, but please start pointing your browser to the .ca address. My email is [email protected] now too. :cool:

2. A fun one to start off with is the new member directory you'll find on the top right of each page. Its has cool information like Recent New Members, Top Posters and the Member of the Moment. (I'm not sure what that is yet but I'll find out)
You can also do some really cool searches of our members with certain criteria.

3. Take a look and update your My Profile area. (Top page on right beside directory.) This is where you check for private messages. There is a cool new notification of private messages on the main page. Also in your profile you can select your own Avatar (Customer picture) The pictures are just stock right now, but I will get some more Mac and Canadian related ones there.

4. I can make a post "stick" to the top of the thread now (Like this one)

5. I can post Polls on the forums.

6. You'll find a bunch of better "linking" features. ie: When you post and item, you'll be taken to the end of the topic, not the beginning. Lots of little improvements.

7. A few more Emoticons. Didn't want to go too crazy right away.
(Some animated gifs seems to have "stalled". Need to figure that out)

8. Hey, new logo and ehMax character. Expect to see more of ehMax soon. (And he'll really come to life!)

9. People who sign up will automatically be sent a nice welcome message from the Mayor.

10. Members who have hit the 1000 mark are dubbed "Super Citizens!"

11. You can now preview your post before you submit.

12. Forums reorganized based on feedback.

I know there is more, but I can't think right now.

Oh yeah, threads have a new "Jump to new post" blue arrow that will take you to the last thread you read.

Someone misbehaving on the site? Instead of a big hoopla on the board, click the
icon and I'll deal with it.

Ok, I know there's more, but there's some fun to start. Lots of behind the scenes engine upgrades that the admin panel is really nice!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The "stalled gifs"; do you only see them in Safari? I've noticed that Safari's animated gif support is a bit lacking, so that might be part of the problem....

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
for some reason i have a flashing reminder on my screen that i have an unread private message.

i have read my pm's and reset, but the indicator persists

otherwise, so far so good
many good new features

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Congratulations on a wonderful job, ehMax! A very nice blend of added features and interface enhancements.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Looks good so far, except I tried to update my profile and it tells me that I have too many characters in my signature (limit 250, and I have 399 or something), so that precludes me from having those links in my signature.

Hrm.

--PB

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks good so far, except I tried to update my profile and it tells me that I have too many characters in my signature (limit 250, and I have 399 or something), so that precludes me from having those links in my signature.

Can't have that! I raised the limit to 500 characters. ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Lookin' good here. Now I have no excuse not to dig up my old avatar. Gotta be authentic now...

:cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts