Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a week or two ago, it's price was above $15 where it's stayed for over three months. Today at the time of this post, it's dropped to $13.36 a 52 week low! I know they will post their financials next week, but do investors know something I don't or are they pre-punishing the company for lower revenues? At this price the stock is almost equal just for cash on hand. Does this mean the company itself is worthless?

What the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks is goin' on? :mad:

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Aren't ALL stocks dropping like rocks (anvils?) lately? I don't think it's Apple specifically.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I follow two stocks: Apple & Home Depot

Apple for interest sakes. HD since I actually own some (employee discount plan).

Considering HD went from about 55 to 25, Apple ain't that bad.

I'm certainly no analyst, but I think Kosh has it right.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think that the whole stock market is rather fixed at the moment. Look at Nortel for instance they went from $120 area to penny stock all because their revenues dropped a little due to soft consumers. The investors all pulled out due to the fact they were loosing a few cents on the share. The company was still showing a profit which is a good thing. So, I don't think Apple is finished yet. I know I will continue buying Apple products as long as I can. But enough ranting...

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Heart! I think you are one to follow Apple's stock performance, do you think they could beat estimates when they make their report on earnings?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mclenaghan:
I think that the whole stock market is rather fixed at the moment. Look at Nortel for instance they went from $120 area to penny stock all because their revenues dropped a little due to soft consumers. The investors all pulled out due to the fact they were loosing a few cents on the share. The company was still showing a profit which is a good thing. So, I don't think Apple is finished yet. I know I will continue buying Apple products as long as I can. But enough ranting...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being former Nortel, I have to add that there was ALOT more to it than that. The 70,000+ layoffs over a year period also had a negative impact on the stocks...

But the bottom line was... upper echelons got rich, the rest got shafted.

Nuff said.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Buy Low, Sell High!

I should have sold at $24.

My unprofessional opinion: Strong Buy :D

<FONT SIZE="-1">
</FONT></A>

<A HREF="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL&d=t"><FONT SIZE="-1">"AAPL via Yahoo"

I am currently loosing money on my Apple investiments but am planning to purchasing more stock. It has something to do with leverage purchasing. :rolleyes:

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Looks like it may a good time to buy....

·
Registered
435 Posts
As long as companies are showing profits, the market will hold. The price of the stock is related to expected profits and interest rates.

Right now, the rates are low, so even with a return of 5-6% the stock market is a good buy. So if a stock gives you a return of 1$ per share, the stock worth between 15-20$.

Following this analysis, the stock market is actualy a little bit underrated and should increase a points in the comming months.

On the other hand, if interest rate increase, people will drop the stock market and put money in bonds.

All that being said, I think we can expect a small correction in a few months (2-3). But this correction will only affect stock which are overrated and will happen as the next fed rate increase which is unlikely to happen since the US econimy need all the help it can get.

Conlusion? I have no clue and I fear to lose some of the 25% gain I have done in the last year so I will sell everything soon and invest it in a condo...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Nortel went down because they were over enflated...

Plus the company realizing it had sold its product to just about everyone who would buy it, decided to layoff manufacturing staff and sell off previously profitable devisions, that Nortel no longer saw a future in maintaining.

The top brass stuck thier heads in the sand and waited out the dry spell where no one is buying.

Dollars to doughnuts, when big tech purchases begin again, Nortel will begin ramping up. All they did was not carry staff and equipment during a drought...

My brother and a lot of his friends were Nortel... they are all hnging on to penny stocks.

The only people who lost are the ones who sold...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe this should be a new thread, but anyone have any thoughts on the Google IPO?? My 'friends' are saying that this will be like the Transmeta IPO, very good for a fast turn around, but it'll lose steam very quickly. Maybe not as fast, but not a great bet.

Yep, people that hung onto the Nortel slugs they had are going to be laughing a little in the next while, nice to see the people that worked for them and got screwed are getting back a bit. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Some of the pundits weigh in:
Apple Stock

As for Google, IPO's are tough unless you're a really big player. If you can't get in on the IPO (and most people can't, really) then it might be best to wait for the dust to settle a bit. There are always plenty of good stocks available outside the herd.

As always, use your own judgment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts