Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once upon a time, QTVR was all the rage... I was reminded of the cool VR technology after stumbling across this great page of panorama views of the Viking settlement in L'Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland and Labrador.

Apple QuickTime product pages barely mention VR, though the QTVR developer mailing list (publicly accessible archives) seems active enough.

Anyone still experimenting with QTVR imaging? Any cool examples of current implementation?

M

G

·
The only tool that works with OSX that I know of (and I'm probably just not up on the latest stuff) is the stitching utility that came with my Canon cameras. The last stuff to produce QTVR's from apple only run in OS9 afaik.

I'd be interested if anyone has further info on this as well. There are a lot of cool things you can do with QTVR's that no tools except apple's old tools let you do afaik.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I have quite a few panoramas and still run across them from time to time; perhaps once a month or so. People who like the technology, love the technology. Others seem to ignore it, but to be honest that isn't much different than it was with Film and Panoramas as well.

I don't think it will go away, but it's not mainstream.

Try:
Full Screen QTVR (Germany)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here.

I bought a black MacBook in January (My first Mac!). Upgraded the Ram to 2Ghz and went for the 200GB HD since the purchase would be mainly for video editing (with iMovie). Been enjoying it very much!

Just wanted to drop a note and let you know of this pretty big project we have here in Sudbury done by a guy who's mapped the whole city (well, practically) using Quicktime VR. It's pretty impressive to say the least.

Check it out here: Untitled Document

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
That's quite something!

Does anyone know of similar projects being done elsewhere?

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I bought a black MacBook in January (My first Mac!). Upgraded the Ram to 2Ghz and went for the 200GB HD since the purchase would be mainly for video editing (with iMovie). Been enjoying it very much!

Just wanted to drop a note and let you know of this pretty big project we have here in Sudbury done by a guy who's mapped the whole city (well, practically) using Quicktime VR. It's pretty impressive to say the least.

Check it out here: Untitled Document

1 - 11 of 11 Posts