Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than bringing me my partner from overseas so we can start a life together...

Santa brought me a PlayStation 2 and a really wonderful game for my Mac.

Anyone else find Jedi Knight II under the tree...as I did? I would love to hook up with some of you to have some mu;ti-player action. What do you say?

Happy Holidays to All of you!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Nope, I didn't get a game this year. I got myself a digital camera (Canon S230), and my family picked up a copy of Mac OS X for Unix Geeks!

I suggest it as a great read

Happy Holidays to all

·
Registered
256 Posts
I got the Band of Brothers DVD set and a bottle of fine scotch.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
VertiGoGo wrote:
"I would love to hook up with some of you to have some mu;ti-player action. What do you say?"

I've got a copy of Jedi Knight II (although I haven't played it in ages). Let me know if you ever want to have a game!

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
I got the Lego Hogwart's Express, and a 10 pound Toblerone chocolate bar. :D

And various other things. I'm still devising a battle plan to eat the chocolate bar.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
D101, how is that S230?? I'm keeping a very close eye on that one. The size is what has my bugging. I'm using this Sony S70, and it's like carrying a small purse. ie I'm pretty sick of it. Been looking at the Canon's for a hot minute. Is it working well with X?? the S200 is getting cleared out too, but I'm not sure whether or not the 230 is worth the xtra $200 for 1 more MegaPixel... (2 vs 3). Oh well...

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Ohenri wrote:
"D101, how is that S230??"

I've got a Powershot S100, and it's served me well over the past two years. It's a 2.1 megapixel camera, and the maximum image size is 1600x1200 (great for most online uses, good for printing a nice 4x5 or a somewhat blocky 8x10) so unless your needs fall outside what I've listed, you probably don't have to splurge for a 3 megapixel camera.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got absolutely no Mac-related stuff this year, which was a bit disappointing. :(

My sister-in-law mad a bit of a slip, but I didn't let on at all. She bought me a couple of geek T-shirts that say "LINUX" and "PERL", respectively. They're promos for the O'Reilly books (she works at a University bookstore), and I appreciate them, but I'm only going to be wearing them under a sweater or something.

Linux. Yeah right.

-SJ.

·
Registered
363 Posts
i got my canon powershot s200.
well, actually i got it in early december, but it was supposed to be for christmas. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mostly clothing this year (enclosed gift-receipts are great aren't they ;) ), BUT to our great surprise and joy, my sister-in-law announced that my fiance and I are to be the god-parents of their baby due in March!

I'm a god-father! :D

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I'm actually thinking about it. Not sure if I really need that extra MP. But my bro seems to think so (he's got the same as mine). Even now, I still don't shoot in hi res mode much at all. The odd time here and there for the hell of it. The size is so awesome though...

what about to pix in general? anything you can post?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jfpoole:
Ohenri wrote:
"D101, how is that S230??"

I've got a Powershot S100, and it's served me well over the past two years. It's a 2.1 megapixel camera, and the maximum image size is 1600x1200 (great for most online uses, good for printing a nice 4x5 or a somewhat blocky 8x10) so unless your needs fall outside what I've listed, you probably don't have to splurge for a 3 megapixel camera.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I see. Cool! When I get home, I'll see about posting some of mine. Shots that were taken on the Sony. I actually like their units, but they're pricey aswell as the media stix. Where as the CF cards are more than affordable. Thanks...

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've got the S230 as well and I love it. I am amazed at the number of features packed into such a small camera. One thing that really surprised me was the excellent quality of the movies. I shot a few minutes of my cat and was able to edit it in iMovie. My photography skills are still new but if you go to photosig.com you'll be able to see what this camera is capable in the hands of a pro.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Canon PowerShot G2 - best camera i've ever owned. Got that in the spring though.

Santa got me some booze, chocolate, a new PC case (cough), and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 for the GameCube.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
I'm a tool guy, so Santa brought me a new DeWalt electric drill and a Craftsman car polisher. As well. I received a turtleneck pullover, the Beatles White Album on CD and the most amazing mechanical cork screw I've ever seen. My stocking had licorice Allsorts and chocolate candy...mmmmm

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
All kinds of goodies, including but not limited to my sister's home made cinnamon cake, my aunt's home made jam/jelly, a wicked DieselSweeties shirt, and some awesome shortbread cookies (again home made).

I was more happy with my parents reaction to the gift I gave them, a DVD Player and the Fellowship of the Ring Extended DVD Edition.

I'd write more, but I am on the rock and dial up sucks the big one.

Merry Christmas everyone!

--PB (on Salt Spring)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I shot a few minutes of my cat and was able to edit it in iMovie.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really??? That's kinda hot. I've not played w/ iMovie yet, but maybe I have a new reason to now. I have a few movies - hella short however - shot on the S70. But let me ask you this (I know nothing of iMovie), can you manipulate movies in a native mpeg form?? May have to start to look into this...

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Ohenri, the native form of digital video is dv not mpeg, and yes you can import as dv and edit it into , a finished work, while still DV, then save as a quicktime file or save to a dv cassette as a dv file .
It 's not too hard to learn the basics of iMovie really
Mark

1 - 20 of 29 Posts