Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the subject is a little off-base, but it's all in good fun. If you're easily offended, don't bother; but you could show this on TV.

This "music video" was make with 2 powerbooks; (1 400Mhz and 1 1GHz) running OSX. Software used:
Composting and 3D scene creation: Adobe After Effects Production Bundle 5.5
Backgrounds: PhotoShop 7 and Illustrator 10
Editing: Final Cut Pro 3 and Cinema Tools at 24fps
Plug-ins: ReelSmart Twixtor, ReelSmart Fields Kit, Knoll Lens Flare, Final Effects Lightburst

Video Camera: Panasonic DVX-100 miniDV at 24fps
Still Camera: Nikon Coolpix 4500

The guys who made it are pros; but they did it just for fun. The shoot took 2 days in a storefront that formerly housed a resturant. Budget was $1800.

The two women are a group that call themselves The Ukes of Hazzard (doubled as actors). 4 other actors appear.

See the video (requires QuickTime) You can choose two quality levels; Medium 9MB and High 640x480 25Mb
Ukes of Hazard

For some of the commercial work (where they actually get paid) go here:
Ryan McFaul (Video Editor)

Anyway, I was told about this site and thought I would pass it on. The quality and effects are amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
As one of the "resident gay boys" on ehMac, I say that video is freakin" hilarious!!! :D :D :D

My own gay boyfriend agrees. ;)

MTV and/or MuchMusic, here it comes (or it should). They could play it on that dreadful sock program.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
VertiGoGo wrote:
My own gay boyfriend agrees.

As opposed to your straight boyfriend? ;)

Interesting video; the effects (especially considering the budget) were "fantabulous", and the song was funny. The signing? Not so much, but I guess you can't have everything...

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
As a video person, i have to say that video was amazing for the amount of money they had to work with!
If they were working on a full budget, the editing alone would have cost much more!

You can tell these guys are pros when you look at the behind the scenes stuff, when they show all the compositing they have achieved so flawlessly. Green Screening and Compositing are two of the hardest things to do!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
that's hot. I want to get into some light vid editing. Need to get my hands on a DV soon...

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Vertigogo wrote "They could play it on that dreadful sock program"

Surely you didn't mean "Ed the Sock" did you? That has got to be one of the finest things on TV these days! It's a brilliant example of ad-lib crudeness and gives a whole new meaning to the term "cinema verite" or "video noir". Lots of bodily fluid jokes too. My buddy Jack the Gunfreak absoloutely loves it. He says it's almost as good as "Trailer Park Boys". :eek: :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.