Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running Classic Menu that returns the correct and proper Apple Menu to System X, and ASM that returns the app list to the menu bar on the extreme right. Panther's "all you have to do is remember where you programmed the app to pop to the front when you click on the screen" nonsense probably was written to kill ASM.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Lots of problems will pop up, but in six months it will be much improved and a year from now after a couple of updates it should be in full swing.
10.2.6 is really a great system now after 6 updates, so I would think 10.3.5 would be a excellent release by then too..
I wont be trying it for atleast a year, I dont have a machine to test for issues , so Im not taking a chance til several solid updates and notes are out on bugs and issues.
I must say, some of the features look awesome though, Expose looks like something, I woould like to have, and it should be at least as fast on present day systems as jag was, after some more tweaking and optimizing

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
All 3rd party applications will have to be re-written for G5/Panther. Until then, apps that work at all will run in emulation - not great, but we'll get by.

G5 + Panther = $$$ App Updates $$$

Start saving, NOW!!!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Mississauga,

Mac OS X applications will NOT have to be rewritten in order to run on Panther or the G5, and will run natively on the G5 (they will NOT be emulated).

If developers want to get the most out of the G5, applications will have to be recompiled, but that's a fairly trivial thing to do (it literally takes an afternoon), and so I'd imagine G5-optimized versions will be shipped out as an update.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
G5 + Panther = $$$ App Updates $$$
We're not moving from Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.