Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

What will happen at Steve's party tomorrow night?

• iTMS launches simultaenously around the world!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Mac's 20th on a Saturday, we can expect a monster bash in Palo Alto...

What do you think will happen? Well for starters I wouldn't count on a private 'entre nous' moment. Every tech journo must be heading for SFO as I write. So, just a pissup or major announcements?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I would vote, but none of the realistic options were there.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Such as?

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I'm not expecting any hardware announcements... not on a Saturday. If they were going to make a big announcement/event on a Saturday there would be advance notice of it. My guess is the announcement is going to wait till next week, Monday or Tuesday (most likely Tuesday).

The only event that I can think of that Apple has had in the past on a Saturday has been a software release, and it's been preannounced.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
The iTMS one seems the most conceivable, but somehow seems unlikely to me.

Oh well, I'll just wait and find out.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Don't mind Lars, he just likes to talk. :D

I have a feeling Apple will be releasing a sassy looking 20th ann. G5 Mac in a smaller than normal case (approx the base of the G4 iMac, maybe?). All signs seem to be pointing in that direction, although I don't believe it'll be like the G4 iMac that has been rumored — I think Apple will pull something completely new that will dazzle us.

Or at least, I hope they do. Spartacus was a nice little product way back when.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I'm not expecting anything other then a lot of congratulatory pats on the back. If they have something up their sleeves which most people would say is Music based (iTMS, etc.) it wouldn't be put together with the Macintosh anniversary. But that is just my thought. I could be totally wrong as its all sheer speculation, but the rumor mills would have picked up on something, and the only blip on the radar is a G5 bump, and I really don't think that Apple is going to beat the Rumor Mill like they did last time with the 12 and 17 Powerbooks (The Rumor mills got news of it the day before, and it wasn't believed to be true.)

Oh and lots of expensive food will be eaten.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts