ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stuck. I was on craigslist looking for a sutible intel mac so far got a 100 buck in the jar fund and I saw a mac mini with a defective logic board the seller posts its all working besides the logic board so worst comes to worst I part it out and get my 100 buck back but is it even worth a 100 buck how much is it to get a new logic board installed he said 300+ plus what I need help. BTW have you seen the new 12 core mac pro with all ssd's 2 tb max cool

·
Premium Member
17,728 Posts
Uh dead mini should be worth about $10 and only that much if you feel you need a receipt.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Um.. the logic board is pretty much the glue the holds the system together. In the Mini, it will likely be the most expensive component to replace. Because it's a Mini and an Apple computer, you would have great difficulty getting the part cheaper from a non-Apple supplier (assuming you could even find one).

Honestly, that computer is worthless. Don't waste your money.

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
Don't bother $100 for a dead Mini is highway robbery, you will never get you money back by selling the parts.

You should really keep a close eye ion the refurb section at the Apple site, you will get as good a deal as you can find on all the other sites plus you get a full warranty. As I mentioned in another post on this subject elsewhere, you have to keep watching and when you see what you want jump on it because they don't last long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts