Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite the collection of old Macs, HD's, printers etc. that I just want to dispose of but I hate to just dump them into a landfill.

Is there anyplace that recycles all or parts of them? They're probably too old for donating to anybody although they all work fine: (e.g. LClll, 180c, ImageWriter ll, etc. etc.)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Interesting... just in the last week I was asked about this 3 times. I was in the men's "library" reading an article just now in a magazine called Computer Dealers news. Here's the article online.

Here's a snippet:

Backed by 15 major vendors ? including the Canadian divisions of Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Sony, Dell, Apple and Epson ? the organization's tentative plan is to have manufacturers levy a waste handling fee on every product they sell, which will be passed on through the channel to distributors, resellers and the purchaser.

The monies collected would be remitted to a national not-for-profit organization run by industry, which would then forward it to approved waste recovery and recycling agents in every province who would actually do the dirty work.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I fix and upgrade old Macs and give them to students to help with general word processing and such. Give me a shout by clicking on my e-mail link. I can arrange pickup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts