Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i stayed up this late to find out, i cant even update now?
anyone have an idea of how long it will be till we can update it?
because they havent released it yet.
i was thinking at 9am because people normally start work at that time, so they would wait till then to do it, but who knows.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it was around 5am for the last time a major update; though, I dont think there is a "set" time... I'm still hopeful something with be up before I pass out! It would be nice to use A2dp headset for tomorrow mornings jog!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah idk how much longer i will be able to last.
all of this waiting is killing me.
i want it now! aha

·
Registered
96 Posts
Same here, on both counts... I'm using eBay to try and hold my interest... I guess we could have downloaded 3.0 via torrents... but where's the fun in that! :lmao:

*clicks* nope still 2.2.1 :-(

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well first off, Apple is in California so BEST case scenario is Midnight PST which is an hour from now. As that would be the first minute of the 17th from apples point of view. In reality I would predict it for sometime early tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was hoping but not counting on 3.0 being launched this early in the AM. I'll d/l sometime tomorrow with everyone else ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
It'll be like New Years for me when it finally says "Upgrade to 3.0"! :)

Ah well, I'm studying because I have nothing else to do, not that that is much of an incentive to stay awake. :D

BTW, I have always found that the Refurb store is updated between 2 and 3 AM, used to be that way anyway, so that's my guess.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Since I have to wait for the unlock, I will be delaying my upgrade to 3.0, so I'm not as hyped up as you guys, but if it will help ease the pain (which I know all too well) -- think of the fun you'll have reading the comments on it over the next few days! :)
They haven't touched the original iPhone baseband since 1.x.x. Unless you're JB'd with 3rd party apps can't you simply update as with all other FW revisions since 2? The reason I'm interested is because I'll be updating my GFs original today.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
i stayed up this late to find out, i cant even update now?
anyone have an idea of how long it will be till we can update it?
iPhone OS 3.0 Release Times: 10am PDT/1pm EST/3pm

·
Registered
198 Posts
It looks like 10 a.m. PT is going to be the launch according to endgadget. I'm glad that I went to bed last night instead of waiting up for it.:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man i messed up my sleep pattern soo much last night.
i end up falling asleep at 6am when i see my dad going to work because i wanted to be awake when the update came and woke up now. only to see that the update will most likely be here at around 1.
what a waste of my night.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
man i messed up my sleep pattern soo much last night.
i end up falling asleep at 6am when i see my dad going to work because i wanted to be awake when the update came and woke up now. only to see that the update will most likely be here at around 1.
what a waste of my night.
Well, you know, nobody made you stay up all night…

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm surprised Apple didn't release it in the middle of the night. It would be much less strain on their servers if they did.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I'm surprised Apple didn't release it in the middle of the night. It would be much less strain on their servers if they did.
Agreed. It's going to be a nightmare come 1pm ET.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i know nobody made me stay up..
i was studying for my exams, and i decided to study for that long just to see if it would come out at that time
plus im ready for my exams tomorrow because i stayed up and got some extra studying in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
30 mins yesss!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts