Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently given an older powerbook but I can't tell what it is. It's black with a bronze Keyboard. It is a G3 with USB, no firewire.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
There are two speeds to choose from with the Lombard's

Also some had DVD-ROM drives with a DVD decoder on the
motherboard while others had only a CD-ROM with an option
of using a PCMCIA DVD decoder card with an optional
DVD-ROM drive.

Dave :cool:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I think thats it. It has a 333 Mhz processor and CD-ROM drive. It came to me with OSX 10.0 running on it. Well if you can call that running. It was VERY slow.

Are they worth anything?? I am guessing not as it was given to me.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
It's probably worth up to about $500 or so...taking into account a sweet Pismo that sold yesterday here for a low $550.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
It came to me with OSX 10.0 running on it. Well if you can call that running. It was VERY slow.
How much RAM does it have. It may run MacOS X better with more RAM. It would also run faster with MacOS 9.1 or 9.2.2.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
We have a Lombard 400 Mhz with DVD and a 6 G HD.

We run Panther and OS 9.2.2 w/Classic.

It runs very well but one downside. The HD has only 2.2 G of space left, not enough to do many things, but since all we use it for is for text and tables, it is fine for us.

Cheers

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Very true Goobernatorial. I didn't notice he said 10.0. You want to run MacOS X 10.1 or even 10.3 (10.2 would do, but if you're going to spend some money, why get 10.2 when you can get 10.3).

·
Registered
76 Posts
taking into account a sweet Pismo that sold yesterday here for a low $550.
Well, I don't think you can use that particular sale for comparison, as that is the lowest price I've ever seen a 500MHz Pismo go for.

I also just sold one for the *most* I've ever seen one go for, well over twice that amount... eBay, whatcha gonna do?

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
The Lombard 333 that I have runs great in Jaguar,
You should be able to pick up a copy of Jaguar really cheap.

In the meantime try updating it from OSX 10.0 to 10.1.5

Dave :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts