Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have a first gen Intel Mac Pro 2006. Still works fine at least it did until I dropped the stock wireless mouse. I picked up a Magic Mouse and discovered it won't work with my old Mac.
Question, what mouse will work with this model? I don't care if it's wireless or not.

Thanks Andy.

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Any USB wired mouse should do the trick. MS used to have a couple of inexpensive ones that were a good deal more comfortable than the standard Mac Mouse.

·
Premium Member
15,665 Posts
I picked up a Magic Mouse and discovered it won't work with my old Mac.
Question, what mouse will work with this model? I don't care if it's wireless or not.

Golly, what OS X version are you running??

Those mice will work with Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later with Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0 and later.

Personally I can't stand any apple mouse and their Mighty Mouse mice were up there among the worst and I prefer the Logitech or MS mice. Both have software for extra features if needed. wired or wireless.

My favorite has been the Logitech wireless M705 that Staples etc. often have on sale for the $30 -$40 range. The batteries last for 2 1/2 years!!! And very smooth to use.

PS: Not all mice are Mac compatible. Check or make sure it's returnable when purchasing.

I avoid Bluetooth mice due to their lag most I've used seem to suffer with. They didn't last long and they tended to use up batteries!!! Maybe they have improved but USB devices are more popular.

But I'd avoid Apple's mouse anyway personally, besides it's atrocious price.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Golly, what OS X version are you running??

Those mice will work with Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later with Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0 and later.
The Magic Mouse 2 requires 10.11 or later which the 2006 MP doesn't support, hence why it didn't work for the OP.

·
Premium Member
15,665 Posts
The Magic Mouse 2 requires 10.11 or later which the 2006 MP doesn't support, hence why it didn't work for the OP.

Thanks for that info.

I forgot that there was a later "Magic Mouse 2" model.

Probably due to my aversion to ALL Apple mouses and my utter lack of interest, besides the fact that they just don't work properly with my body. :D

Something to do with my lack of electrical compatability??? or something with my body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts