Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i use a kensington studio mouse with my 12" albook, and i would highly recommend it. it's performed stellarly for me. it has good optical tracking (not perfect, but what optical mouse is) and the touch sensitive scroll pad is very cool.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Watch out for the Kensington Pocketmouse Pro Wireless. It got a bad review from MacAddict read it here, but with the note that it's a rare exception to an otherwise great line of products. I have a Logitech wireless mouse (standard white one) on one of my machines that I bought without a mouse, and have found it to be pretty good. But for the best ergonomics, I have never found anyone else's mice to measure up to Apple's one-button. It's the only one I can comfortably keep my hand on without wrist stress upward to keep from setting it off.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse. High quality, low price, excellent OS X support. I got this for my PC, but liked it so much that it gravitated to my Mac - the PC is stuck with an ultra cheap PS/2 mouse.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I need a mouse for my ibook and am thinking about getting one from either Logitech or Kensington.

Which mice are you guys using?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I use the Kensington Turbo and Expert Mouse Trackballs myself. Some say it's bulky, I personally love the feel of these big trackballs. I have three of them, one at work, one at my desk at home, and one I carry with my PB. I love'm and would easilly recommend them to anyone.

The Mouseworks software lets you customize everything about the trackball... it's the icing to an already perfect peripheral.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I use a Logitech Wheel Mouse and I like it a lot!

The only think I wish it had is a "back button" on it like some MS mice do. Other than that...it rocks.

The only thing better would be for APPLE TO MAKE A TWO BUTTON MOUSE WITH SCROLL WHEEL!!!

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Yeah, I'm a little reluctant to buy a Microsoft mouse, because...you know

Ohh...I would get a 2-button apple mouse. Need that other button for games!

My friend got a kensington retractable mouse. I gotta try that baby out ;)

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
MX700 Wireless Optical Mouse (800dpi) - best mouse in the world.

Hot damn! ;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Kensington Turbo Mouse.

Excellent.

But you have to be careful if you own cats. Hair.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Don't be hesitant to buy MS hardware. They make crap software, but some of the most amazing hardware. I got their first optical mouse explorer when it first came out and it lasted my a long time until I think the cord or connecter broke (my fault). I then bought another one and I have been using it every since. I too had this on my PC and it has now moved to the mac. And, it is indispensable for my video editting. Got the wheel programed for scrubbing, the left side button for undo, and the right side button for render. Saved me having to buy a wheel or some other accesory. When I get another mouse, I will definatly buy Microsoft again...maybe they should get out of the software business and focus on hardware only....hmm...Microhard?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I have the Logitech wheel mouse optical. See link above. It works great. I like it because I can use the mouse easily with either the left or right hand. I have used this type of mouse for 5 years now and I can't imagine 'switching' to another mouse. I find it very strange to use the Apple Pro mouse. I need a wheel and another button!

James

·
Registered
153 Posts
I use the Kensington studio pro wireless... GREAT mouse.. i love it
i'd recommend it anyday.. although it is really pricey.. logictec seems to make good mice and i hear a lot of good stuff about Microsoft's line of products

·
Registered
507 Posts
Logitech MX700 at home, MX500 on the road.
Best mice on the planet, bar none.
I used a MS Explorer 3.0 for over a year and thought it was the shiznit, but Logitech went Bling bling with their MX700.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Personally I think the Apple Pro mouse looks and feels great, but if I'm travelling with my iBook I use the macally micro mouse. It's tiny with programmable buttons and a scroll wheel.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I really like the MS Intellimouse Explorer. There is also a wireless model.

Anyways, here is a link to get this mouse for cheap:

http://store.yahoo.com/livewarehouse/mumi94000.html
Use coupon MSEX5

It doesnt say that they ship to Canada during checkout but I think they will if you contact them directly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts