1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have the following in my Mac arsenal:

PowerMac Blue and White G3, 500MHZ
iMac DV, 500MHZ
PowerMac 8100/80 (fileserver)
PowerMac 6500/225
PowerMac 8150/110
PowerMac 6360/180 (upgraded with a 6400/180 logic board and cache)
Color Classic (2)
LC 575
Quadra 660AV (I just love the start-up chime!)
PowerMac 7100/80
PowerMac 7100/66
A whack of SCSI cases

I have owned:

PowerMac 6100s
Quadras
SE/30
LC 475
LC III
PowerMac 5200

I can say that I have worked on every Mac system out there except for the first generation of Macs (1984) and the Mac TV.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I haev
G3 B&W 450
2 512k
1 color Classic (w/ Ethernet)
1 Apple II+ (With Monitor and games)
1 Apple IIe (With Monitor and Games)
1 PM 7100
1 LC
2 LC II
I cant remember the rest loL
I am a collector!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Let's see here:

1Ghz DP Mac (first version), 1GB RAM, 120GB Hard disk space, 2 monitors (Clear rear Studio Display) and Applevision 1710av, HP Deskjet 935c printer.
667Mhz Powerbook, 1/2GB RAM, Combo drive, 30GB Hard disk
450Mhz Cube (rescued from a fate worse than death), 384MB RAM, 20GB hard disk, DVD-ROM

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
My main computer is a Starmax 3000/G3-300, 160 meg, 30 gig HD, Game Rocket video, CDR, ZIP, 21" monitor, Epson 740 printer,Sympatico Hi Speed.
I own a basement full of various Macs from Mac Plus through Classic, LCs, IIsi, IIci, Quadras, 6100, 7200, and Starmax PPCs. Anybody wanna buy any of them????

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not that I have much to brag about:

Macintosh SE - which was given to me.

Mac G4 400 - My very first mac purchase, and it was bought through Apple Canada Internet Store.

My next purchase will be a TiBook... when I can justify the expense. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Just check out my signature. You'll find what you need there. ;)

·
Premium Member
17,992 Posts
I started on an Apple II+ in High School...

My first "hands-on" experience with the Macintosh GUI was the Mac Classic (I think).. my high school opened a lab full of 'em in my senior year.

The first Mac I ever owned was a PowerBook 160. Loved that thing. Man, I built websites on that thing.. learned HTML... had a blast. Ran an external generic VGA monitor in 'desktop spanning' mode (boy o boy do I miss that), giving me colour to make the grayscale LCD bearable.

I moved up to a PowerBook 520. The Best Laptop Apple Ever Built. (well, actually the 540c would take the honours, but I was close).

Somewhere in there I grabbed up a Performa 6320CD, which my girlfriend now guards with her life.

I have a PowerMac 5620CD (education model) All-In-One with ethernet instead of an internal modem - I keep it around just because (a) I like the style, man, and (b) I need its serial port to do installs on my..

Newton MessaePad 110. Picked up this year, should'a gone for a 2100 instead (the 110 doesn't do Internet or easy email).

Of course, y'all know that my day-to-day baby is an original series Tangerine ibook 300/3gig/288mb with AirPort.

In the basement, I have a couple of Mac Plus / Classic machines (working), the shell of an SE for a someday-future project, the remains of two PowerBook 5xx series laptops, and a couple of boxes of assorted cabling, keyboards, mice, ethernet adapters, etc.

Hmmm... I may have to hold a yard sale in the Spring...

M.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
The main workhorse is my 7600/G3 400 with 384 Meg of RAM. The whole family uses it.

In my daughter's room is our old Quadra 610 with the PPC card, and I have my Powerbook 5300c which I use when travelling for work, or when I can't get on the 7600!

Retired in the basement is the first Mac we ever bought, a Mac Classic, with 4 Meg of RAM. Also down there is the Imagewriter that came with it. At one time I had a PB180, but its keyboard started going wonky, and I sold it to someone who wanted it for a stationary application, and had a spare keyboard.

I keep looking at the new Macs and dreaming, though!
:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
i noticed that a pismo is listed
may i ask what exactly is a pismo?
i can't find it on apple's site

·
Registered
570 Posts
My first Mac: Performa 6200
My second Mac: Performa 6400
My third Mac: PowerBook G3 400 (Pismo)
My current Mac: PowerMac G4 867 (Quicksilver)

In storage: Mac 128K :: Sharp Newton 100

·
Registered
55 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> jonmon:

i noticed that a pismo is listed
may i ask what exactly is a pismo?
i can't find it on apple's site <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the PowerBook 2000 (aka FireWire). 'Pismo' was the Apple designation for this model before it was released. Most of us Pismo users call it that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My fast Computer- performa 6320cd; Mac LC (got it on the net, but it's slow); and 2 Mac Plus's (a lot of fun running older aps with those but I need a keyboard for them)

·
Registered
108 Posts
My original Mac, Ti 500. It's almost two years old now... whoooo

Still works great though

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
My one and only Mac is a PowerBook G4, although I had a Netwon MessagePad 110 a few years ago.

Didn't we have a thread similar to this one a while ago? I tried looking for it but I failed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Power Mac 7500
G3 266 desktop
G3 233 PowerBook
G3 iMac 350
G4 dual 500 tower
G4 867 PowerBook

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.