Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not long ago almost everyone I know started saying this weird sentence in French, "Volkswagen frappe une van". Apparently when you say it when pronouncing the V's it's supposed to sound like German or whatever.

But the geek I am, I decided to use some high piece of technology called Google Translate to find out the meaning of this sentence, and I got "Volkswagen hits a van".

But wait, what does this mean? Because a Volkswagen is technically a van... I'm confused. :confused: Maybe it is a sign that something bad will happen... like a Volkswagen crashing into a van in the middle of the highway? I'm scared, someone please explain this to me.

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
Not long ago almost everyone I know started saying this weird sentence in French, "Volkswagen frappe une van". Apparently when you say it when pronouncing the V's it's supposed to sound like German or whatever.

But the geek I am, I decided to use some high piece of technology called Google Translate to find out the meaning of this sentence, and I got "Volkswagen hits a van".

But wait, what does this mean? Because a Volkswagen is technically a van... I'm confused. :confused: Maybe it is a sign that something bad will happen... like a Volkswagen crashing into a van in the middle of the highway? I'm scared, someone please explain this to me.
Pronouncing as in German and translating from the French = "Folksvagen hits the fan"

:confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
15,508 Posts
One page, from it's translation, says:

Volkswagen frappe une van…..Das auto
ok so if you speak french and are able to mimic the accent of German try saying this sentence really fast but with intonation

It's supposed to be funny

I'm guessing you won't burst your gut laughing. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts