Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a eMac 1ghz PowerPC G4,with 512mb ram,and 60gig hard drive with 10.4 with keyboard and mouse. And i either want to sell it?(use the money for new Imac) or trade it in towards a new iMac?

how much should i get selling it? and trading it in?

·
Registered
960 Posts
According to Mac2Sell.net, your system is worth $420.00 with a Combo drive.
The Mac2Sell guide to used Macs - second-hand Mac worth

I find this site to be somewhat accurate to get an idea of used pricing when selling privately. You may also want to check out LEM deals section for dealer pricing. My rule of thumb is to remove a little something from the prices seen on LEM, seeing these are dealer prices.

CPUsed is offering a 1.25Ghz (40GB. Combo 512MB) for $499 and a Superdrive version w 80GB for $549, to give you an idea but I find them to ask too much for used gear.

Of course, you'll make a little more selling it rather than trading in but it really depends on whether you want to take the time to sell privately or just be done with it, trade in and get a new computer.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
You didn't mention the optical drive's specs but, given your other hardware specs, I'm betting that your eMac has a Combo drive (CDRW+DRD ROM) and not a Superdrive (CDRW+DVDRW).

It's been a while since I've scoped out the resale market... but I'll bet a resale value of... $500.00. Maybe 6? Maybe less?? :D

As for a trade-in? You don't wanna know.

EDIT: Ants and I posted at the same time. Hate to break it to ya, but I'd say he's closer at that low-end price than I am.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok

it is a combo drive

and the once place offered 200 and then the other offered 175..so ill try and sell it first

but even 200 is pretty darn good cause i bought it at a garage sale for 50

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
it is a combo drive

and the once place offered 200 and then the other offered 175..so ill try and sell it first

but even 200 is pretty darn good cause i bought it at a garage sale for 50
$50.00?? WOW! Lucky duck!

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
heh. Just checked my old (and still in use) gear.

Based on a recent thread at ehMac, the price of $450.00 assessed for my Mac Mini seems -- very surprisingly -- about right. But for my old Sawtooth Frankenmac at $650.00? I wonder if that is too high? And, if I put the actual, upgraded CPU speed in for Frankenmac -- DUAL 1.3GHz -- the price goes up to $1,190.00! Now THAT's dreaming in technicolour, no matter HOW upgraded a Sawtooth G4 is!

Sadly, with all I put into it years back, ol' Frankenmac is probably worth... $400.00... if that... :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts