Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:

I noticed that iCal is missiing a few features; what features do you think should be added?

1) Merge Calendars (multiple > one)
2) Publish directly to Homepage with special steps.
3) Needs to be faster
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'd be really nice if appointments could span multiple days (for the life of me I can't create an appointment that starts at, say, 10pm, and ends at 2am).

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:

3) Needs to be faster
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with the speed, and iPhoto needs to be optomized too.

iCal also needs the ability to close the window without the program quitting!

I hit that red button all the time and the window goes and also the program, therefore I need to start the program again and then the whole speed thing comes into play.

How about Dock contextual menues too!
ala' iTunes etc.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heart:
I agree with the speed, and iPhoto needs to be optomized too.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find that iPhoto's fairly reasonable if you throw a whole lotta RAM at it (in my case moving from 256 to 512 MB made using iPhoto quite pleasant).

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
iCal needs remote editing, and memos. Maybe integrate stickies with iCal/iSync.

It also needs automatic birthday support.

·
Registered
762 Posts
In iCal copying and pasting 1,2 or more weeks of appointments or whatever. I use it to keep track of my work schedule and to copy the 6 week rotation and paste repeatedly in for the year would be great, instead of one day at a time :mad:

·
Registered
91 Posts
For some reason, the "recurrence" feature goes for one week longer than what shows up when viewed on an iPod.... I don't know which one is displaying the valid format, but I do know that much about it.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I would really like to see more security features when posting iCals to a .Mac account. Currently now way to password protect a personal calendar. Just what I want... strangers to know when I'm on vacation.

Would also like more options available when an alarm pops up. Currently when an alarm pops up, like a Birthday reminder for example, the only option I have is to close the window and that's it for the reminder. It'd be nice to say, yeah, remind me again in a couple days, or put it to a to do list or something.

The way you invite other people to events could be easier to. Not having to open up a seperate window for people in your address book.

iCal has a lot of promise. Would like to see it nicely work with a totally new version of AppleWorks 7 to do mailing lists and lables etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts