Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the mood to purchase an 800MHz SuperDrive eMac with APP and 1 GB of SDRAM right from Apple Canada. I've read on some US forums about the major problems with the display among other things. I get the feeling that maybe my good luck with the first three Macs, still up and running with no hardware problems at all, will disappear this time. Since I'm buying right from the Apple Store is there a good chance that I would receive a more recently built eMac with the bugs all taken care of? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I recently bought (a month ago, or so) from Compucentre of all places and my 800Mhz SuperDrive eMac is working wonderfully.

I have had none of the monitor woes that have been reported, although I have not yet tried to burn using the optical drive. I suppose I will have to report back about that when I do.

Go for the machine...it is sweet!!!

·
Premium Member
30,965 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with Macdoc, you'd be better buying the unit from a local reseller. Better Deals, and better service; especially on RAM prices.

I bought my mac through the Internet Apple Store 2 years ago - Never Again!

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
For one, Apple over charges fir RAM, really really over charges for it. I have heard few complaints about buying from the Apple Store, but definitly get the RAM from a local relseller.

--PB

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I agree. you are better gping to Compucentre or B.Mac or some other retailer for RAM.

Apple will put you through the mill if you buy it from them.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Also, If I am remembering my TIL...er....KBase articles correctly, the display problems affected the CD-RW model eMac, not so much the newer Combo Drive or SuperDrive eMacs. I personally have only seen the problem once, and it was a CD-RW model.

--PB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts