Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RollerCoaster Tycoon
OddWorld
WordPerfect 6
Final Fantasy VII
Pod Racer

I switched Feb 2002 by the way, and have become sort of a Mac zealot since then. There are many, many things I don't miss, but let's not dwell on those ...

·
Registered
268 Posts
how about web developement on a platform that actually gives you an accurate idea of what the end-user will see?

how about flash 5x+ that actually runs well?

how about macromedia homesite?

how about a browser that works well? i know safari is the way to go for standardization, but are many people using it? not in the mac world, but in the real world.

...i say both platforms is the way to go...i'm a mac freak too but sometimes it's good to take the blinders off.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
*cough*VirtualPC*cough*

My brother plays Roller Coaster Tycoon in Virtual PC, and much of the other programs you miss there you can run in VPC or on a PlayStation.

TheLibrarian - I take it you mean you want to see how IE 6 will make your site look horrible because it adheres to standards. It can't even do CSS right. (CSS 1 at that too.) And for the record, IE 6 does not work well. People use IE because it's there, not because they purposely choose it.

What about Flash MX 2004? From what I've heard it works quite well. Maybe not as fast, but doing quite well. And for showing flash animations, wit the latest version of Flash the speed difference between the two is getting smaller and smaller.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah - looks like VirtualPC's going to be affordable next year, too. I'm more inclined to go the Playstation route though.
Speaking of Safari - people wonder if they'll port it to Windows. What I wonder is, will they port iTunes to Linux?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Pod Racer
If you mean Star Wars Racer, I believe there was a mac version. Although it didn't sell well, it might still be findable...

:cool:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I still keep a Windows computer around to play video games that aren't available for the Mac. No, VirtualPC won't run them and no, I'd rather not play them on a console (plus a lot of them aren't available for any console).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Chealion,
I'm interested in getting Virtual PC for games like Rollercoaster Tycoon. How is the performance? How fast is your brother's computer? I'm just afraid that my G3 400 is not enough.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Chealion,
I'm interested in getting Virtual PC for games like Rollercoaster Tycoon. How is the performance? How fast is your brother's computer? I'm just afraid that my G3 400 is not enough.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
For none demanding games like Roller Coaster Tycoon, Virtual PC works. Well any program so long as it doesn't require 3D Acceleration can run in VPC at least marginally well on a fast system.

skinnyman - It was running through VPC 5 on a Windows 98 installation without any lag whatsoever on my family's 800Mhz G4.

I don't think your G3 400 will be enough unfortunatly, but hopefully I'm wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts