Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following article from wired.com -- (old) dated Oct 22, 2002 -- made me curious:

Apple's Stickiest Marketing Ploy
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,55887,00.html

Here's some sites that sell 'em, or you could buy a new Mac; however, that'd be a TAD expensive if you need tons.
:D

http://www.missingbite.com/ http://www.redlightrunner.com/

My bike's going to get the royal treatment this spring. Can't wait for the trails to open up -- gonna take a LONG time because of the massive amount of snow this year. It's all good though -- been great for snowboarding and the like.
:(

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
lol... this is a funny story. I'm refraining of putting the Mac sticker on my car for fear that someone may break in and look for my lap - just for the sake that they likely know that I own one. you could say precautionary measures. And on top of that, I want to save it for a really good spot - so I have yet to crack it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have my Apple Stickers in a great place, 2 on the sides of my PC, and one on my monitor. :D , 2 multicoloured ones, and one pure white one.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i put one on my water bottle (which i lost :mad: ), and i put one on the cover of my sketch book.

Phil

·
Registered
363 Posts
i've got two window clings in my car, and aboot two dozen stickers (as well as a few magnets) covering the mini-fridge in my bedroom.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My forehead.

But it fell off after a shower.

I tried other anatomical parts, but it really didn't "show"

:D

:cool:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Are these "stickers" the Apple logo decals? I still have mine from my purchase of an Apple IIe back in 1983.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i got one on the rear of my car, and another on my fender telecaster guitar case.
...is that your car, mississauga? damn..

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ohenri:
lol... I'm refraining of putting the Mac sticker on my car for fear that someone may break in and look for my lap<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm a total sticker guerilla.

Here's where I've put them in the many years I've been getting them:

Common places:

-My car
-My truck
-My coffee mug
-My Day-timer
-Canon Scanner

Subversive places:
-Window, Tech office in CSCHAH
-The door to every office I've ever worked in
-On ALL common lab PCs (with "Caution - Intel Inside" sticker)

Really subversive places where I WANT to put them
- Front door, Gateway Country Store (but it closed before I got the chance)
- Front Door, Sony Store
- Any PC-only clone manufacturer
- Car bumper of any Minister, DM or ADM involved in Information Technology (Industry Canada, etc... )

Heh

-SJ.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by daycus maximus:
...is that your car, mississauga? damn..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
In my dreams! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I lost mine :( I saw them then my brother took them somewhere and I have no clue what happened to them, but I'd stick one prominently wherever it needs to be...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have mine on my monitor and on my synth. I still have some more stickers laying around somewhere... but I wouldn't know what to do with them, there is no place worthy that I can think of.

·
Registered
13 Posts
stickers!

i have them on all my stuff like tvs, hard drives, bed, desks, speakers and amps, walls, bathroom mirror, or any surface. if i don't have one to put on, i draw one with a marker! i also have a bad habit of doing mac graffiti in public places like today i drew the finder logo huge on a phone booth:D

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
i have them on all my stuff like tvs, hard drives, bed, desks, speakers and amps, walls, bathroom mirror, or any surface. if i don't have one to put on, i draw one with a marker! i also have a bad habit of doing mac graffiti in public places like today i drew the finder logo huge on a phone booth:D
Great, so now some poor soul has to spend a half hour removing your Apple graffiti. How nice. It's one thing to mark up your own stuff. How about getting some cleaning items and going to the phone booth to do the work before someone else has to?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
stick this stick

My wife put one of hers on her filing cabinet and I think mine are somewhere in a drawer. I used to put lots of stickers on the PC box including a fun Tool sticker.

James

1 - 20 of 24 Posts