Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I use Pegasus Mail on my Windoze PC. I want to switch to using my PM 6500 full time, so I need an email client. What do you guys recommend? I am currently leaning towards Claris Emailer.

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Claris Emailer is great for older machines since it is small and fast. This is a great solution if most of your email is text based. I don't think it will display html, but I could be wrong. It handles multiple email accounts well. The Lite version was free but the full version was not. I'm not sure if the lite version allowed multiple accounts.

Eudora is top notch, and would be a better choice if you need html display. I'm not sure if they still offer a free version. You might be able to get an older version like 4 that someone might give away. The older versions are still very capable and may be better suited to an older machine and OS.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Been using Eudora since version 1.0.
Liked every version I have used...

Hated Entourage and Outlook express... never liked Apples Email apps.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Even Eudora Light will serve you well on a Classic Mac.

As good as Claris Emailer was, it's as dead as Warren Zevon.

And I loved them both, and miss them both.

-GW

·
Hotwiring another cessna
389 Posts
If your looking for the "best bang for the buck" free that is I would have to say Eudora its about as full feature as you can get at N/C. Although I'm not a huge fan of M$ OE may do the trick. If you don't mind spending a bit of money take a look at Mailsmith by Barebones Software www.barebones.com I tried it out before have to move to M$ Entourage as I'm in an Exchange environment but I was really impressed with the demo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts