Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just downloaded QPict for browsing, arranging and storing my images. I find it quite useful, except the time it takes to import images. I am curious to know what others are using. I find iPhoto is too slow, and I don't like (I never did) the way it stores my images in its library. QPict stores my images right in the app- "show packages" reveals all my originals, even in their PS file. iView Media is quite costly, and if I remember, crashes on occasion.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
I use iPhoto. But recently, I have discovered several apps that allow you to load in SPECIFIC and unique iPhoto libraries. This may or may not appeal to everybody, but I find it helpful in keeping iphoto in fighting trim -- and my libraries mutually exclusive.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
recently I have been using extensis portfolio, it is very quick, loads up my 3000 pics almost in a split second.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just checking out GraphicConverter. Quite a good app. I like the option to attach the selected image to your default email app. Now wish there was the option to set the selected image as your desktop image.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Use and love iPhoto. Handles my 935 photos really nicely. Integration with iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, .Mac, OS X System Prefs for Desktop Image and Screen Saver is awesome. Think integration with new versions of iLife apps will just keep getting better, and I'm looking for it to interact with the new version of iWorks at MWSF. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts