Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think a Mac w a I processor would be too much of a carbon footprint?? But it maybe affordable and could be a start of touch Mac series....

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
I think a Mac w a I processor would be too much of a carbon footprint?? But it maybe affordable and could be a start of touch Mac series....
Apple has given no indication that they want to move into touch screen computing with Mac OS. The OS is not made for it and would not be intuitive to use for touch unless they did some radicle changes and followed Microsofts approach.

·
Premium Member
17,780 Posts
Personally I have zero desire to own a touch screen computer.

Touch screens and I are essentially incompatible. Even my little iPod gives me problems now and then.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Meh, I have an iPad Mini that I barely ever use simply because it IS a touchpad screen. Absolutley cannot stand the OS and how it works and it is completely useless for building my daily website. My workhorse is my MBP with a Mac Mini as a backup if necessary.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Meh, I have an iPad Mini that I barely ever use simply because it IS a touchpad screen. Absolutley cannot stand the OS and how it works and it is completely useless for building my daily website. My workhorse is my MBP with a Mac Mini as a backup if necessary.

The only real thing I like with the iPad is browsing, it is actually my device of choice for using the internet. After that I have a few games and watch a few movies if on a plane. I cannot imagine any real work outside of using a word processor on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts