Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since WWDC is around the corner, I heard on some podcast what will MR. Jobs will anounce on his Keynote. Some says that we won't hear much about Leopard, because it will be a re-run of last year keynote. I heard also the rumor of newer iMacs, the death of the Mac Mini and new MacBook Pro's. In my opinion we won't see a newer widescreen iPod until the Holidays. But, what do you want to see in WWDC?
Lets our imagination roll.....

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
iMin, (I'm in), you're not just in front of the computer anymore, you're actually in the computer. Experience computing like never before. :p

I'm really hoping for new iWork with spreadsheet program though. Been waiting absolutely forever.

·
Registered
952 Posts
i'm looking for a device that will not only meet all my computing needs, but also cook me breakfest and set my clothes out for the day! I call it iDenpendant

i'm thinking new MBP, perhaps new Cinema Displays and lots more hype about the iPhone. And the perhaps we will find out about the so called "secret" features of 10.5

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does anybody expect developer's related stuff at the WWDC? ;)
The WWDC will be about Leopard secret features, Touchscreen technology in OS X and maybe the iPhone SDK...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like I said before, I think the next gen. widescreen iPods will arrive after the iPhone crazyness. I'm really sure that we'll see a new iPod similar to the iPhone, without the phone capabilities. But that will be for the holidays. As a comitment to a "greenner" Apple, I think a NEW line of Cinema Displays with the new technology, that everyone is talking about will see the light soon.
This one is only a maybe: since Apple is jumping into the Consumer Electronics Market, Can we see an line of LCD TV's, that make a pair with the Apple TV?
Since Microsoft announced last week their new Touch Screen Computer Table, maybe we will see that same tech. into Leopard in conjuction with the newer cinema displays.
A new iLife suite is a most, since is very related to Leopard.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
1) Leopard feature-complete and with a new theme (dark with backlighting).
2) New MBPs with Santa Rosa and LED displays
3) New iPods with multitouch UI
4) SDK for iPhone and new iPods
one more thing...

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
iWork / iLife '08? It's too late for '07.

iWork with a Spreadsheet app? (Oh god, I would die for this - I use spreadsheets more than word processing)

I can't imagine Apple doing LCD TVs, as good quality LCD TVs are expensive ( I'm not talking Acer or ImaKnockoff brands). Apple likes to make good margin on their products, and the only way to do that with LCD TVs would be to have them MASSIVELY over-priced versus the rest of the market.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
New or updated consumer desktops, preview of Leopard, and an iPhone for every person that attends! :D I'm kidding on the last one.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Let's see what history tells us:

2006:
Leopard preview
MacPro
Xserve

2005:
Intel announcement
Quicktime 7 for Windows preview

2004:
Tiger preview
30" Cinema Display
XCode 2

2003:
G5 announced
Panther preview
iChat AV and iSight
Safari 1.0
XCode 1.0

2002:
Jaguar preview
iChat preview
Quicktime 6

So by looking at the past we see it can be feast (2003) or famine (2005) or somewhere in between. Usually it's pretty dry, though.

Me? I have my fingers crossed.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I'm holding up to revamped iMacs. :)

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Given that WWDC is entirely about OS X and it's future and that MWSF had zero information on Leopard I expect it to be quite Leopard heavy - I'm honestly not expecting any major announcements (product wise) - a new iPod, or new iMac don't make sense at WWDC. However the iPhone I'd guess will play a role, especially if they give us an SDK.

Now the Leopard Feature Complete beta. I can get behind that. Especially Monday at lunch. ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I expect the Keynote will focus on Leopard. If there's an iPhone SDK coming, then that'll make it in. Otherwise, the iPhone will only get a mention. The iMac or the Xserve may get an update. That's about it.

The real fun stuff is in the sessions! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts