Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was almost as bad as the blackout in August.

I kept going back to the site every hour or so to see if it was up again. It was just like checking the fridge every 20 minutes hoping that that extra piece of cherry pie will magically appear.

There was that mega rant in me just wanting to get out.

Holy withdrawal symptoms Batman!

Can we expect a sudden surge in Jr. ehMacsters in another 9 months or so?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Rob -

I patiently waited and read a book. And slept. And checked the site every 4 hours or so since I wanted to get the ehMac Control widget functioning as fast as possible with a new forum coming in.

I must say Trojan Odyssey by Clive Cussler is a heck of a book!

Boy am I sucker for these kinds of threads.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did find that my work production went up between the hours of 10pm and 2am. Hmmmmmmm Strange

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Chealion, give us a little more scoop on Trojan Odyssey. Is it fiction, non-fiction? How about a snippet of storyline.

If it kept you off ehMac it has to be good.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I cried.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Sinc - I know, and I must say Trojan Odyssey has to be the best one yet.

Rob - Trojan Odyssey is a fiction book that Clive Cussler wrote after reading a book that suggested that the battle of Troy and Odysseus's quest did not take place in the Mediterranean but the Atlantic. An awesome read to say the least. As for a snippet of the storyline; The story revolves around a character by the name of Dirk Pitt, and countless artifacts that point to the Celts being able to cross the sea a good deal of time before the Vikings, and a mysterious cult that plans to take over the world.

If you want more info, but I think it gives more spoilers then anything, check Amazon.com's Editorial Reviews

It caused me to lose a good 4 hours of sleep on the night I finished it, you just lose track of time reading it! I think we need to revive the latest book you've read thread!

Oh yes, and your local public library is your friend! One heck of a resource. I just wish they had more Mac books though.

yoyo - Little tears or big bawling tears?

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Opened up my iBook - by Bob Berman.
Spent the rest of the day interacting with iWife.
And Monday, actually got down to iWork.
Basically - got back to iLife.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,363 Posts
Chealion or Sinc, what was the title of the Clive Cussler book in which a treaty between the US and Canada was lost in a train wreck? I was really in to CC during my single parenting days back in the early 1990's. However, the title of this book escapes me just now.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
I read everything Clive Cussler wrote... up until he started putting himself in his Novels... Man the guy has an ego the size of Texas

Raising the Titanic is a great book... problem has been continuity since Dirk Pitt was supposed to have been a Pilot in Veitnam (where he met Sandecker)... according to his timeline Dirk Pitt should be heading into the old age home a long time ago...

The three other books of his I liked was Night Probe (the Canadian one), Cyclops (the one with secret base on the moon) and Vixen 03 (the one where they sail a battleship up the potomic and shell Washington)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,363 Posts
d_j, thanks for the title ("Night Probe"). I am not able to do any non-work related reading, but the "Trojan Odyssey" sounds interesting.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I was away for about ten days and when I finally had some spare time I sat down at the computer and hit the bookmark for ehmac.....

....and NOTHING! "Down for maintenance!!" RATS!! :eek: :(

I had gotten all my chores done and was looking forward to some online time with my favorite forum. I had nothing else to do sunday night. nada.

Talk about "all dressed up and nowhere to go". :confused:

I ended up watching "Road to Perdition" with Tom Hanks. Pretty good movie.

But it wasn't ehmac. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Only if he is diving for used rubbers at the end of a New Jersey pier... because that about all Dirk Pitt has left in him by my count.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I must say, it feels good to be missed.

It was interesting to see everyone checking frequently to see when the site opened again. We hit our record of 154 members visiting in a half hour span. :eek: If I want to increase traffic to ehMac, I should close the site more often! :D

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
ehMax - But doing could be hazardous to your health *broad wink* My guess is that everyone was checking in constantly instead of being distributed throughout the day, although I found the interm graphic very well done! Nice job!

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I too am a Clive Cussler fan. I find the books an easy read and almost as satifying as a mindless (but funny) sitcom to take your mind off day-to-day stuff. I am going to seek out the Trojan Odyssey.
I think I prefer the Dirk Pitt stories over the later Kurt Austin ones. Not bad, just not as good.
Also a big Tom Clancy fan ... you want to talk about giant sized egos

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I too am a Clive Cussler fan. I find the books an easy read and almost as satifying as a mindless (but funny) sitcom to take your mind off day-to-day stuff. I am going to seek out the Trojan Odyssey.
I think I prefer the Dirk Pitt stories over the later Kurt Austin ones. Not bad, just not as good.
Also a big Tom Clancy fan ... you want to talk about giant sized egos

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Yeah... I too was an avid fan of Tom Clancy, however as of late his right wing politics keeps seeping into his novels and as such I am no longer interested in his works.

My favourites would be Hunt for Red October and Red Storm Rising.

Interestingly he predicted 9/11 in Debt of Honour (when someone flies a 747 into the US Capitol Building killing the president and most of congress and the senate... leaving Jack Ryan as next in line of succession) long before 9/11 actually ocurred.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts