Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep seeing all these rumor sites mentioning 'piles' in 10.3 and while i understand it generally, i don't know why people think it's such a great feature...

i saw a leaked screenshot of a 'pile' and it looked cluttered and slightly confusing. can someone please explain?

thanks, p.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I know my dog sometimes makes piles and the name alone is not appealing. Anyway I went to the flash animation now I understand and maybe it is a good thing and maybe not.

I guess we will have to wait and see, thanks CubaMark.

John

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Piles isn't supposed to be in Panther according the latest information, but in about 2 hours, we'll know or not. They are however introducing something called Exposé, so that should be interesting...

Piles looks cool!

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
"Piles" gets the second place award in the "What were they thinking?" category. First place (indefinitely) is claimed by whoever came up with the Canadian Conservative Reform Alliance Party.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,504 Posts
jwoodget, let me be the first to extend you a "Kudos" on your impending 1000th post. Free coffee for you at the Cafe Chez Marc.

·
Registered
226 Posts
As used to be jwoodget said, what the heck were they thinking with that name?!

"Look, honey! I've got PILES!"
"The Preparation H is in the cabinet, dear."

Maybe they'll end up calling them "stacks" or something instead. :\

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Free coffee for you at the Cafe Chez Marc.
I demand free coffee as well! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Piles looks silly to me. Why not just make a new folder and put the files in there?

Now expose is a feature I want to see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts