Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow... that was quite a night.

I was running home from work, as I've been trying to get into shape. For one reason, so I can do the 50K MS Bike Tour with my family. For the other reason, to play indoor soccer this fall.

Anyways, I was running home, just crossing an intersection, when a car drove by. Someone put there head out of the car, with what looked like a rifle, and shot me in the leg about 4 or 5 times...................... with a PaintBall gun.

The thing is, for the first 5-10 seconds, at first I didn't know what was happening, which immediately turned to sheer fright and horror that I was shot.

I felt my leg, which was stinging in pain, and felt a liquid, which I assumed was blood.

A few moments later, when I was it was yellow, I realized it was a paint gun.

I think I walk around in a bit of a shock for about a minute, then realized I should maybe tell the police. I phoned them and reported it, but unfortunately, I had absolutely no description of the vehicle, or its occupants.

I walked the rest of the way home, and phoned my wife. I thought I was alright, but when I talked to her, I just broke down, as it really scared the $H&# out of me.

When I got home, I lifted up my shorts, and I have a rather huge welt on my leg.

I feel ok now, and I sure have a campfire story to tell, but I hope the police catch these idiots. It could of been a lot worse, and I'm really glad they didn't hit me 2 inches to the left. :yikes: :eek:

Needless to say, I'm going to put a few beers back tonight.

·
Registered
125 Posts
dumb punks! If you had a heart condition or something, they'd be in serious trouble. I hope they're caught soon.

btw, where did this happen?

·
Premium Member
6,590 Posts
Man, that sucks. Gotta be kids who are too naive or too stupid to think of the possible consequences of their fine little 'stunt.'

Perhaps when you've had a chance to calm down and reflect on it some more within your own stillness, a description of the car in question will come to you.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dumb punks! If you had a heart condition or something, they'd be in serious trouble. I hope they're caught soon.

btw, where did this happen?
In Kitchener. At corner of Ottawa and Alpine. Right here.

My wife told me she just read in the paper that some 19 year olds were arrested yesterday for doing a similar thing.

I hope they're caught...

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Had a driver blow through a red light (passing stopped cars, yet) and come within 2 inches of mowing me over in the crosswalk.

Fortunately I did get a description and license plate, and faxed in a complaint.
Police phoned back to say that the driver admitted it and was very sorry - taking sick Auntie to hospital (I #%@ you not, it's what they said - even tho' they were alone in the car...) and the police weren't pressing charges

·
Registered
719 Posts
That kind of stuff is scary and makes me mad. It shows how stupid kids can be. What if they really did hit a delicate part of your body and you damaged an eye for instance?

This kind of stuff leaves a psychological mark on you. I remember being out on a late night ride many years ago and a bunch of yahoo kids drove by and slammed me with a balloon full of water. It sounds innocuous but it almost knocked me off my bike on to the road and, because it was dark, I couldn't accurately tell what i'd been doused with. Could have been anything from spittle, to ketchup to other personal body fluids.

I sympathise for the nasty experience.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening.

I hope they catch these kids soon.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My only concern is that if the police catch these people they will just tell them that they are bad boys and should go home and not do this again. Tell everyone you're sorry and everything will be OK.

ehMax, if you want a ride next time, give me a call.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My only concern is that if the police catch these people they will just tell them that they are bad boys and should go home and not do this again. Tell everyone you're sorry and everything will be OK.

ehMax, if you want a ride next time, give me a call.
:)

I was looking on YouTube, just incase the punks filmed it and posted it there. I found a story where this was happening in LA, and the guys got caught and were sentenced to 4 years in jail. In that case, they were shooting people point blank right in the head.

I've written a letter to the newspaper about the incident. Maybe somebody will come forward, or other people will be on the look-out. Someone getting caught and sentenced would be nice.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
570 New Radio called and interviewed me this afternoon. They said that are going to try to run the story tomorrow morning. I'm hoping getting the word out helps catch the people who did it.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
years ago i was on the gardiner expressway westbound just crossing over the humber bridge when my passenger front window shattered

i found out a couple of days later that 30 year old idiots were sitting on the railroad trestle and shooting ball bearings using a hunting slingshot

i called the police, but they said to go to a local "reporting station" and fill out paperwork

i just went home and had a triple Lagavulin (scotch)

the depth of human idiocy never seeks to amaze

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.