Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... six years on? (I've lost count)

I have only had a chance to play with Pages so far. Still clunky but very useful features such as:

- Facing pages in WP mode with a reasonable number of options
- Threading in DTP mode
- Ability to create templates from scratch or by modifying existing ones

This means that I have already started migrating InDesign simpler documents. My colleagues will be relieved (couldn't face learning InD)...

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
An update...

1) WP mode works very well. Left/right pages, different configurations for sections, background images, etc. This is now my default WP. Only problem: I don't understand why Apple persists with not including bullets/numbers in styles configuration. Highly annoying...

2) Layout (DTP) mode is still unusable for me, despite the reintroduction of threading. Left/Right pages doesn't make much sense and you cannot create self-configuring L/R pages (i.e. when you move pages around it reconfigures depending if it's a left or right page), all you can do is manually apply a separate L/R page template. The biggest NoNo however is the impossibility for cutting/pasting thumbnails between documents. Removes the whole logic for creating 'master documents' and cutting/pasting to create customised versions that aggregate pages and sections.

3) Finally the Mac OS and iOs versions look 100% compatible provided that you have the same set of Fonts installed on your iOS device (if you don't know how, msg me and I'll start another thread). The only restriction I can see is that iOS can't read .eps files but this can be fixed at the point of saving in Mac OS...

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info

Which OS are you running?

Was this an updated iWorks in High Sierra?
It's a standard iWork update which includes Pages 7. Depending how ancient your machine is, you may have paid for iWork or got it free with your computer. Apple gets very confused when older machines get passed between people in terms of relicensing the software that has become free! (happened to a couple of hand-me-downs in the family...)

Looks like you need Sierra according to Apple

1 - 4 of 4 Posts