ehMac banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long wait, but we're back in business! Thanks for your patience.

You'll notice a few changes to ehMac. Our city planners have updated our community's infrastructure. It's now easier than ever to post messages in our various forums with many exciting new features such as instant graemlins
:(
:D and instant UBB code!

We now have the capability to do private messaging to other ehMac citizens. It will also be easy to identifiy ehMac's outstanding citizens with our new Member Rating feature.

Our town has also received a minor facelift. Mac old-timers may recognize something very eWorldish about it.
:D Very fitting considering the creation of this town was inspired by it. Hopefully a little bit of its spirit will live on here.

Its great to have you back! As mayor, I promise to never have to make you go without your daily ehMac fix again. As usual, we hope to keep ehMac a brightly lit, friendly and positive place.

Stay tuned for full MacWorld New York coverage. I'll be providing full-onsite coverage with pictures and video! Should be exciting!

Thanks again and welcome back to ehMac!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suggest that you guys send a quick email to ehMac citizens to note your return. It's been, what, three months now? Most people will definitely need a reminder to think about coming back!

I am glad to see that you guys made it back online. What happened exactly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ahhh ...Finally!!

I'm glad you're up and running again!!

I really like the eWorld theme - looks great!

Now, off to see what else is new here ...

regards, Dennis

Ooooo ... I just scrolled down and saw the instant UBB - Very Nice!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sorry. But how van you take 3 months to make minor renevations. Don't get me wrong. The new stuff is very nice and i quite enjoy the UBB code but.....3 months. Get real.

PS This is still my favourite mac site

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since some of you are wondering about the long absence, I thought I'd offer a little insight: ;)

3 Months ago I set out to update ehMac's bulletin board engine to UBB version 6. Things were going smooth at first but then I ran into major problems with the upgrade. Things just kind of snowballed from there. There were some DNS problems, I was right in the middle of selling my old iBook in anticipation of the new iBooks etc...

All of this was compounded by the fact that I was taking on a major initiative at my "Day job". (Which was actually doing some very fun Mac related stuff). Needless to say I was working 6 days a week, 70+ hours a week.

I'm still a very busy guy, but after receiving many emails asking to get ehMac back online, I bit the bullet and pulled a couple of all nighters to get things back and running with a few minor improvements.

So there you have it.
Hopefully things will stay humming for a very long time. I will be getting some sponsorships for my coverage of MacWorld so we should be getting some nice content.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Well, I only can speak for myself but I'm pretty sure all of us can are very thankful. Its great to be back...

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is really great to have EhMac back. Anderal, Chealion and me along side many others have been waiting a long time for this to get back

Thanx

P.S. thanx for explaining the long wait

S

·
0 Posts
Yay! EhMac is back! :D

Strongblade!

[ 07-02-2001: Message edited by: strongblade ]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well this is a great forum to talk about all
that is Mac and members of the Mac community...Great job ehMac on bringing this all together.

Deadline

·
Registered
933 Posts
Glad to see ehmac back up and running. You even managed to nail your July 1 dealine too (although I personally liked the "Next Wednesday" deadline that was up for a while (memory's a bit fuzzy, not sure if that was used during this off line period or not).

Anyway, good stuff, I'm sure that all the regulars will be trickling back over the next week or so.

catman

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Now this is good, Strongblade is back YEAH :D
:D

I like the eWorld look, its simple. The one thing I don't like, although not veery important is how the folders look. I just don't like it, seem to square or something. Anyone else feel the smae way? I think its just me though. Just me and my crazy ideas :eek:

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Velcome back ehmac!!!

Great job ehMax!!!

SpiderEh?!

:cool:

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, what other skeletons are in this ehMac closet? ;)

Well, definetly, some lessons were learned last time. I have no plans to blow the place up this time. And, being that ehMac members are ponying up the money for it, I better not screw it up.

This time, its one word, two syllables: Backup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts