ehMac banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i decided to pump up the old G5 dual. Added some more HD space: An External 200gig Seagate 7,200rpm 8mb cache firewire, and an internal Western Digital S-ATA 250gig 7,200rpm with a 16 mb cache. :)

(in additon to the original 160gig Maxtor and external 400gig Maxtor 8 mb cache firewire 800)

Any way..so every thing seems to be running smoothly partition the WD internal and move some data over...everything works perfectly. But them i notice that when ever i save directly from an applicaiton such as Photosshop CS, Final Cut Pro an image is created on the HD (name, logo) but no data what so ever? infact it reads Zero KB??? :eek: :eek:

I did not initially realize this and lost some important data.... :mad:

SO has anyone heard of anyting like this? IS this a bum HD or am i missing somethign??

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I guess i will be taking the HD back to the dealer but hope that mybe this is merely an issue that i have overlooked??

I use tech tools pro regularly, keep the main HD's defragged, running tiger. Machien has 6gigs of ram, runs like a champ???

Thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does no one on here have any similar experiences???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts