Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for someway to use WebDAV on my Dragonkid (my old Performa 580) and can't for the life of me find a WebDAV client. The best one, Goliath is only PPC. And I need to get WebDAV or some sort of quick workaround to use it.

Also, since Goliath's code is posted on the web, how hard is it to compile the code so it runs on a 68k machine, what kind of things would have to be changed? I'm at a total loss here, and need some help getting WebDAV onto a 68k machine.

Thx in advance!

[ July 24, 2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've found one way, from Jag's House. Thanks to Doug in #OpenMac on the freenode server. (See you can get real time help if people show up in a chat room! Yes this is a plug for the ehMac Chat Room).

If anyone else finds anything else, PLEASE let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Also, since Goliath's code is posted on the web, how hard is it to compile the code so it runs on a 68k machine, what kind of things would have to be changed? I'm at a total loss here, and need some help getting WebDAV onto a 68k machine.
Wouldn't it be simpler to spend $100 on a Performa 5200? They are slow and clunky, (which is why they're cheap) but they are technically PPC Macs, and they should run Goliath with no problem. As a bonus, the 5200 will use the same 72 pin RAM and PDS and COMM Slot I cards as your 580. Later, you can upgrade the 5200 to a fast 603e by sliding in a motherboard from a 5400 or 5500, readily available on eBay.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just using the DragonKid until I get my new 'Book sometime this fall. That and it would work as a file backup place. Its old, and I have it on hand, and doesn't cost me any money. Thanks anyway Gerbill!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts