Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know I play in the water all summer. As great as an iPod is for that, there's the thing about the water.

Waterproof* cases are now available for iPods from these guys.

Warning: its a flash site. Not too bad, but a flash site nonetheless. Another complaint a reasonable person might have is the price, which is too high. Still, it's the only game in town and beats a trashed iPod hands down.

This was mentioned at another thread (asking about one for the miniPod); I thought it might be useful with it's own topic for those who might have missed it.

* Water-resistant, actually. Thats what they call stuff that can be used around water, and will survive a brief dunking. Waterproof is a much higher standard; basically it means you can do deep-sea diving with it. For my purposes, water-resistant is fine.

[ January 19, 2004, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: gordguide ]

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Here is another link for waterproofing. I don't know for sure if the iPod mini will fit yet (haven't done the measurments) but it looks like it might. It says the kit is 100% waterproof to 15ft. $75 US but includes waterproof earbuds.

Waterproof kit

It's interesting that the Lilipod sight lists "Underwater Basket Weaving" as an appropriate activity when using their product. Could you do this with only a water resistant case?

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
I checked on the Apple sight for dimensions of iPod mini and unfortunately, it won't fit in the waterproof kit of the previous post. It's still just a little too big.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts