Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Tons of odd email stuff going on today.I couldn't send from my Yahoo account,a coworker was getting Ubisoft interoffice emails in his Hotmail,my interoffice mailboxes were all haywire.
Did I miss something? :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
The current virus going around, Sven exploits a really old flaw that was found 2 years ago. Its disguised in an email as a secuirty update. Its not.

As for there being a new Windows Virus? Yes, several. There are a few released each day, but many will only affect a small portion of the computing population. With so many being released its very easy to see why Symantec can have so many employees who work full time just to find these new viruses and have them in their latest virus definitions. Its quite the industry.

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
While browsing the internet today, I found that Sophos has a nice little way to show the latest 10 released virus warnings. There have been 10 alerts since the 16th, and 3 alone today.

Latest Viruses (this is off their page where you can show the latest viruses and alert your viewers of them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have recently been receiving spam with .htm files attached, several in the past couple of weeks. Haven't opened any of the attachments, but I'm wondering whether this might be some sort of virus. I know most Win viruses are .exe programs, and these attachments certainly don't appear to be executables. Any ideas out there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.