Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problems with the DVD drive on 13" Macbook, and took it in to the Apple store to have it fixed since the computer is still under warranty. I purchased it in on July 13, 2008.

I was originally quoted that the repairs would be free, but when my computer was sent in, they said there is a single pixel out due to lcd pressure damage in the upper right hand corner of my screen, which completely nullifies my warranty, and that I would have to pay $755(plus tax) in order to get it fixed now.

I can't see the pixel that is out, and I had no intention of having the lcd replaced, all I want is to be able to use my DVD drive.

Called customer relations with a complaint and they basically told me there is nothing I can do.

Wanted a Mac so bad, and now I feel like i wasted $1300. Any hep as to how I can speak to customer relations and get my issue resolved without having to pay near the price of a new computer?

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
^^^
Damage to the upper right hand corner of the screen would not disable the DVD. It's just some nutjob trying to p-off a customer. I would call Apple and really complain about it, since you had no complaint about "single pixel damage to the LCD", but rather, have a problem with the DVD - a fairly common problem at that. Your documentation should have a number to call, or check the Apple website for the appropriate number. Or better that, take the machine to a real Apple dealer, because it sounds like the kind of abuse one would get at a Future Slop or Worst Buy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.