Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Seriously?
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An administrator in Exchange can wipe your iPhone clean, and I mean clean as dead not even restore will work from iTunes. You will have to take it to an Apple Store or send it in to get it fixed.

There is an action in Exchange called Remote Wipe. It is under Manage Mobile Device...Actions. We have a phone which is completly dead now thought it would only wipe out the emails and not the entire OS. Yikes.
:mad:

Edit: A user can do this to themselves as well if you Web Outlook 2007. Yikes

·
Registered
248 Posts
An administrator in Exchange can wipe your iPhone clean, and I mean clean as dead not even restore will work from iTunes. You will have to take it to an Apple Store or send it in to get it fixed.

There is an action in Exchange called Remote Wipe. It is under Manage Mobile Device...Actions. We have a phone which is completly dead now thought it would only wipe out the emails and not the entire OS. Yikes.
:mad:

Edit: A user can do this to themselves as well if you Web Outlook 2007. Yikes
This is an advertised feature, its designed if you lose your phone (or someone steals it or whatever), they won't get your information...(the Blackberry has it also)

Although I didn't know that it would leave the phone totally disabled. Have you tried putting it in DFU mode and restoring?

·
Seriously?
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is an advertised feature, its designed if you lose your phone (or someone steals it or whatever), they won't get your information...(the Blackberry has it also)

Although I didn't know that it would leave the phone totally disabled. Have you tried putting it in DFU mode and restoring?
Ok, did not know that. Did not try the DFU mode yet. Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yeap this is actually a good thing! And considering you sync data with the phone, its not like you dont have the contents (music, apps, email etc.) stored elsewhere.

I didn't think remote wipe worked on the iPhone though? Good to know that it does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.