Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some advice from those of you who run Web sites.

I want to add a discussion board (very much like this one) to two sites I oversee. If possible, we need free or nearly-free tools, because the sites are non-profit.

So far, I've set up and given up on phpNuke, IkonBoard, phpBB and (this week) Invision Power Board. (Either I need a new host or they need to fix a persistent MySQL problem. Which is too bad, because I thought I'd finally hit paydirt with Invision.)

Also, I'd like to find a reliable, free tool for Web traffic statistics. Again, I had finally found the Best Tool Ever -- BlogPatrol.com -- but they closed down this week. Grrr.

If you have any experience with this, please let me know what you've tried, and what works.

Thanks!
Sandy

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Sandy McMurray wrote:
I want to add a discussion board (very much like this one) to two sites I oversee. If possible, we need free or nearly-free tools, because the sites are non-profit.

Any particular reason you gave up on phpBB, et al? What sort of functionality are you looking for?

Also, I'd like to find a reliable, free tool for Web traffic statistics.

Again, what sort of functionality are you looking for? Do you just want to know how often certain pages are visited (i.e., a simple hit counter) or do you want to track your users as they surf through your site?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use the free ExtremeTracking, but it only tracks hits to one page of a site. Pretty good statistics though for a free tracker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts