Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a note about my step moms new Emac..at first I wasn't a real big fan of emacs..and told myself I would never buy one..or even recommend one...but my tune has changed...I told my step mom about the 1 GHZ Emac deal..so she went and bought it....tonight I set it up for her and I could not believe how fast FAST This beast is....BOOM BOOM and the app's load...windows fly (well I installed panther on it too) as well as put in another 256 Ram (total 384 now) and this machine can do A LOT of things...I can't believe what an overall nice system these really are and a true bang for your buck...so to all you EMAC users out there...I am envious and you should be very happy to use and own one of these...and anyone looking at making the switch (yes I am talking to you guest # 33 who uses a PC :D ) you won't be disappointed in your first mac if it's an Emac! I would recommend anyday of the week...my 2 cents...and way to go Apple for making these...I actually like them Alot better than my old imac 400 DV...although the 400 was lots of fun too! cheers Mark

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
My eMac has been with me for well over a year now and I am very pleased with its performance. It has been trouble free too. If I had one complaint, it would be the noise level of the fan, but that is a small price to pay for the rewards of owning one. Besides, once I got used to the "whir" it didn't bother me.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
17,991 Posts
eMacs have really come into their own as the best value for your Mac-money. Anyone who has one and hasn't splurged for the $85 tilt-and-swivel stand should consider it.

The one big advantage the eMac has over the iMac (yes, there is one)? Resolutions. The flat-panel iMac doesn't play well at anything other than native. The eMac let's you resize as you like it.

M.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I LOVE MY eMAC!!!

If you are considering a Mac...the eMac is the sweet spot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts