1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Did you notice the graphic? It shows a G5 on one side and a PC on the other, both with the covers off - it's lifted from an Apple page that contrasts the two, but maybe this dolt thinks they're two different views of the same CPU?

I don't know why eBay puts up with such obvious fraud - it damafges their image.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Registered
57 Posts
what's that monitor? is it from apple.com? have they released anything about new cinema displays to match the g5?

i guess i'll just have to bid

·
Registered
237 Posts
From my friends at CanadianCoin.com (who spend way too much time on ebay IMHO), say that the condition of 'pre-approved bidders/buyers' is a nice red flag that it's a scam. If that's not a red flag, then the $999 price is a dead give away.

As for the monitor, it's a picture of a 17" that's not been scaled properly.

John

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
The pictures cycling at the bottom of the page show the actual G5 tower along with some shots of a purported upcoming Apple display, and a purported upcoming XServe box (that's the one on its side). These went into heavy circulation on various rumor sites right after the real G5 box was unveiled at WWDC. Yes, there is also a badly-scaled picture of a current display.

Some say the display & XServe pictures are no more than speculative Photoshop jobs (like those many other pics in circulation before the actual G5 was announced); others insist they are actual pics of the leaked hardware. Only time will tell.

But I think it's clear that whoever wins this particular auction will simply be waving goodbye to their money. Caveat Emptor (or make that, Caveat Bardus).

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
A very obvious fraud...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts