1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Can we Say SCAM? :mad: Another thread showed that about 5 of these popped up for $999. It is an utter and complete scam. The "Only pre approved bidders'" should be the first clue. The second clue, is the picture of the G5 compared to the PC to show cable clutter.

:mad: :mad: :mad: Flippin' eBay scams, they are as bad as spam. :mad:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah, if you go to the ebay.com and look up Powerbooks from Apple you will see that 10-15 scams have been removed, but still show posted. 17" powerbook for $999 etc...

·
Registered
196 Posts
What is the deal with being "pre-approved"? While the price makes these deals obvious scams. I just don't get why they have the pre-approved thing.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
LOL

I posted a thread about this same thing just a while ago. eBay never fails to amuse me. :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Well, as a curiousity, I "applied" to one of these as an "interested buyer".

I got only 1 email reply, indicating that the seller only did pre-approved because they had been burned in the past by non-payers.

When I repsonded to that email indicating I have experienced the same thing and then asked how they got ahold of G5 & monitor beofre the G5 was released (asking if it was a demo model or something) I never heard back again...

:cool:

·
Registered
196 Posts
So back to my question, why does somebody that is trying to find suckers want to complicate the process by only accepting bids from pre-approved bidders?

·
Registered
78 Posts
It is getting curiouser and curiouser! I just tried the link, and got this message instead of the item listing.

'Invalid Item

The item you requested ( 2743614543 ) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available. '

Johnny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts